Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Avast acquires Piriform, maker of CCleaner
https://press.avast.com/en-gb/avast-acqu...f-ccleaner    Avast acquires Piriform, maker of CCleaner
Adding 130 million users to Avast’s performance optimization installed base
Redwood City, California, July 19, 2017 – Avast, the global leader in digital security products, today announced that it has acquired Piriform, the leading provider of device performance optimization software. Founded and based in London, UK, Piriform’s flagship product, CCleaner, speeds up PCs and smartphones by intelligently removing junk and improving the performance of computers and phones.
CCleaner is a leading brand in the market, used by 130 million people, including 15 million Android users. CCleaner has an extensive and extremely loyal community of tech-savvy users, who need to speed up and optimize their PC and Android experience. Avast will maintain the CCleaner brand of products along with Avast’s existing performance optimization products, Avast Cleanup and AVG Tune Up. With the addition of CCleaner, Avast has dramatically expanded its product offerings in the PC and smartphone optimization market reaching customers around the world who demand faster performance.
“We see many commonalities between CCleaner and Avast, allowing for great new products for our user bases. Avast and CCleaner are the top two downloaded products on popular download sites. They are both known by advanced users as focused on performance, so we believe there will be a great interest from our CCleaner customers in using Avast security products and vice versa,” said Vince Steckler, CEO of Avast. “In today’s connected world, it’s all about speed and high performance, and with Piriform’s robust technology we can address this need perfectly. We look forward to working with the Piriform team to grow the business together.”
The Piriform team will be a part of the Avast consumer business unit, and report to Ondrej Vlcek, Avast CTO and EVP & GM, Consumer.
About Piriform:
Piriform are global leaders in system optimization software, founded in 2004 by Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan. Piriform software, which makes PC, Mac and Android devices clean, safe and run fast, is used by hundreds of millions of home and business users worldwide. A Piriform product is installed more than 23 million times a month.
I don't find it a good step. I am using CCLEANER long time ago, it will not be the same
However we may be able to get giveaways
I totally agree,Tarek.
Thumbs Down 
here link of piriform
Quote:We are excited to announce that as of today, we have signed an agreement with Avast to join their business. Avast is the global leader in digital security products, focused on providing their customers with products that make their lives more convenient.
We are happy to join Avast and are proud that CCleaner, which is used by about 130 million people, including 15 million Android users, will become part of their product line. Avast will maintain and support CCleaner separately from its current Avast optimization portfolio and will continue to give our customers the attention and service they are accustomed to.
I’ve seen Piriform grow from a bedroom-based hobby to a real business with billions of downloads, millions of users and a worldwide fan base. Our objective, which is to create world-class software tools that fix real world problems, has made the business what it is today. We’re pleased to become part of a company which shares this objective because it means together, we can combine our expertise to deliver even better software to the people that matter most: our users.
Joining Avast, Piriform will be part of Avast’s consumer business unit, and together Avast and Piriform will be committed to making great products that deliver value to Avast’s entire base of end users. We are now looking forward to this new chapter for our business.
Duh
Avast will maintain and support CCleaner separately from its current Avast optimization portfolio and will continue to give our customers the attention and service they are accustomed to.
This makes you wonder how long this will last!!!!
I'm not all that happy about this to be honest. Maybe time to write my own program then.
Same thing happened when AVG bought Tuneup Utillities it never was the same.
I'm worried as well.

Need to download CCleaner and keep it for use, else Avast might remove free version, or remove few available features.
(07-20-2017 , 07:19 AM)grr Wrote: I'm worried as well.

Need to download CCleaner and keep it for use, else Avast might remove free version, or remove few available features.

Agree !
Goodbye Ccleaner ...   It was a good program ...  But everything can be found worthy of a substitute.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evernym joins Avast Pioneers of self-sovereign identity join Avast mrtrout 0 615 12-10-2021 , 10:54 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Sophos Acquires Capsule8 to Beef up Linux Protection mrtrout 0 610 07-08-2021 , 08:23 AM
  NortonLifeLock acquires Avira Bjyda 0 738 12-15-2020 , 11:16 PM
Last Post: Bjyda
  Avast pulls the latest version of CCleaner following privacy controversy mrtrout 0 1,664 08-06-2018 , 12:48 AM
  CCleaner Now Offering Avast Free Antivirus in Typical Adware Push mrtrout 2 2,239 11-20-2017 , 08:31 PM