Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Romanian Court Says Man Is Dead Even Though He Appeared in Court To Argue Otherwise
https://article.wn.com/view/2018/03/16/R...ared_in_C/       Romanian Court Says Man Is Dead Even Though He Appeared in Court To Argue Otherwise
16 March 2018    When Constantin Reliu appeared in a Romanian court this week, he thought it would be simple to clear up a mistaken death certificate that his wife obtained after he spent the last decade in Turkey, but that was not the case according to The Guardian.

Reliu asked the court in the town of Barlad to overturn the death certificate since he was simply out of contact with his family for those years but the court told him that he was too late to reverse it and he would have to remain officially deceased.

“I am officially dead, although I’m alive,” Reliu told local media outlets about his Kafka-esque courtroom experience. “I have no income and because I am listed dead, I can’t do anything.”

Reliu may have never known that he was declared dead in his home country if he wasn't apprehended by Turkish authorities earlier this year and then deported back to Bucharest due to expired documents.

Reliu was planning to renew his passport in Romania and then return to Turkey, but upon returning to the Southeastern European country, Reliu was detained by immigration officers who informed him that he was declared dead in 2003.

“The head of the border police in Otopeni [airport] called me to his office, turned on his computer and showed it to me: 'Look, Constantin Reliu [declared] dead by his wife,'” he told local news channel Digi24 on Wednesday.
The 63-year-old left Romania for Turkey in 1992 for a job opportunity but returned to the country in 1999, when he appeared to cut off all contact with his family.

After years of no contact from her estranged husband, Reliu's wife was able to obtain a backdated death certificate for him.

The Romanian daily newspaper Adevarul said that Reliu's wife said that after hearing nothing from her husband since 1999, she assumed he died in an earthquake that struck Turkey.

The paper said that Reliu believes she wanted to obtain the death certificate in order to annul the marriage and remarry someone else.
Funny story mrtrout.
(03-17-2018 , 12:29 AM)Mike Wrote: Funny story mrtrout.

I don't see what so funny about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George A. Romero, Night of the Living Dead director, dead at 77 mrtrout 0 2,545 07-19-2017 , 04:53 AM
Last Post: mrtrout