Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Quote:Lynyrd Skynyrd is an American rock band best known for popularizing the Southern rock genre during the 1970s. Originally formed in 1964 as My Backyard in Jacksonville, Florida, the band was also known by names such as The Noble Five and One Percent, before finally deciding on "Lynyrd Skynyrd" in 1969. The band gained worldwide recognition for its live performances and signature songs "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird". At the peak of their success, two band members and a backup singer died in an airplane crash in 1977, putting an abrupt end to the band's most popular incarnation. The band has sold 28 million records in the United States.

The surviving band members reformed in 1987 for a reunion tour with lead vocalist Johnny Van Zant, the younger brother of lead singer and founder Ronnie Van Zant. Lynyrd Skynyrd continues to tour and record with co-founder Gary Rossington, Johnny Van Zant, and guitarist Rickey Medlocke — who first wrote and recorded with the band from 1971 to 1972 (before his return to Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1996). Fellow founding member Larry Junstrom, along with '70s members Ed King and Artimus Pyle, remain active in music but no longer tour or record with the band. Longtime drummer Michael Cartellone has recorded and toured with the band since 1999. Lynyrd Skynyrd was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 13, 2006.

I went and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert last night June 3, 2017 and thought I would share a few videos of the performance I saw.

Did you record these and how long was it? How did you like it? This is an interview. Tongue
(06-04-2017 , 08:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: Did you record these and how long was it? How did you like it? This is an interview. Tongue

We got there at 6 pm and it all ended at 11 pm. Ashley McBryde played the opening performance around 7 pm. Then David Lee Murphy played about an hour and a half before Lynyrd Skynyrd started their show.

There have been a lot of famous artists who've died in plane crashes over the years.I bet that listening to this band's music took you back in time a few years,Mike.