Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Internet Download Manager Pure Lifetime License?
Internet Download Manager Lifetime License comes with 3 years validity. You get free upgrades for 3 years, after 3 years IDM works but no free upgrades.

The online shopping site mention "The duration of the license: FREE upgrade to all new versions of IDM without a time limit."
https://www.vebo.pl/internet-download-manager

Is it really pure lifetime, lifetime with free upgrades without a time limit?

Anyone purchased from the website, any experience or what you say?
I purchased on the old policy of 1 year upgrades (since around 3 years)

I still receive updates

My expectation is that the policy will change with the release of v7.0
Yes, they mention never applied the 3 years restriction but seems going to change with version 7 i.e they will apply the 3 years restriction.
Is there any ideas when version 7 would be out?
I contacted IDM support

* vebo.pl sell lifetime license with free upgrade without time-limit.
IDM support "They do not follow our terms and conditions. T & C are the same for every reseller now.
Please note that we don't charge for updates at the moment, many people purchased IDM in 2001 and they still use and update it freely. It may not last forever."

* vebo.pl mention "The program purchased on the manufacturer's website gives you the right to free updates for 3 years. 
   Licenses in Polish distribution are perpetual, with no time-limits related to updates."
IDM support "This 3 year rule was introduced 3 years ago, it's not enforced. We have people who purchased IDM in 2002 and they still use it and update it freely.
Note that resellers do not update information. All licenses are the same. You should read your IDM license file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\license.txt" that you have in IDM program files. I'm sure that it says 3 years of updates. Note that you have accepted this license during IDM installation."
(09-28-2017 , 12:42 PM)Ya5h Kh4n Wrote: I contacted IDM support

* vebo.pl sell lifetime license with free upgrade without time-limit.
IDM support "They do not follow our terms and conditions. T & C are the same for every reseller now.
Please note that we don't charge for updates at the moment, many people purchased IDM in 2001 and they still use and update it freely. It may not last forever."

* vebo.pl mention "The program purchased on the manufacturer's website gives you the right to free updates for 3 years. 
   Licenses in Polish distribution are perpetual, with no time-limits related to updates."
IDM support "This 3 year rule was introduced 3 years ago, it's not enforced. We have people who purchased IDM in 2002 and they still use it and update it freely.
Note that resellers do not update information. All licenses are the same. You should read your IDM license file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\license.txt" that you have in IDM program files. I'm sure that it says 3 years of updates. Note that you have accepted this license during IDM installation."
So all in all it means they are selling same license which may not update when Tonec starts enforcing 3 year limited free updates  !!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBAMP lifetime license Mohammad 5 2,379 09-25-2021 , 07:11 PM
Last Post: Starship
  About Internet Download Manager Lifetime License. whizkidraj 4 3,299 02-08-2017 , 11:01 PM
Last Post: whizkidraj
  Vipre Lifetime License can't be transfered! Geo 7 7,080 01-13-2016 , 03:37 PM
Last Post: Cool