Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Update NEW Rules in Contest Section: Read to avoid disqualification
Hi All

In all my future Contests including the currently running, all users must follow these rules

1. Registered before the start of the giveaway

2. Have at least 2 threads and 3 posts outside the giveaway section, one of the posts is member introduction here:

https://www.promo2day.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

3. Read the rules carefully as share link is sometimes mandatory with specific code and mention

4. Don't send many claims, only once with the required data is enough

Note:

Other giveaway posters, and staff here have the right to add their own rules 

These rules are valid in all my contests

Use of VPN or proxy; you need to inform me or ask before use
Thanks for the update on your contests Tarek. Like you mentioned Other giveaway posters, and staff here have the right to add their own rules so members need to read all giveaway rules before entering any giveaway.
Tarekma7, I applaud you for these rules that you require in your contests.  ...To appear fair and just, I believe all "personal software contests" should be judged by by Random.com just as all of our formal contests are judged by Random.com to avoid any suspicion of favoritism or the exclusion from the "winner's list" of any members who have had "personal differences" or quarrels with fellow members in the past.

There is no place that I have ever known where these kinds of feelings do not exist and we must strive to never let such feelings determine our forum's contest winners, or even appear to by letting the judges personally choose the winners. ... A trustworthy outcome of all contest must appear to all to have been judged fairly and justly or we will lose our forum's aspiration to be the best of its kind.  Smile
We always use Random.org and I did not exclude any entry but after winners selection if the entry is not valid and fulfilling rules of the contest, he lose his win and next on the list is selected. I think this is fair to all
tarekma7,

I know and trust you completely to hold a fair and trustworthy contest. I have participated in your contests for years and always trusted your list of winners. ... My friend, I was speaking of those who sponsor or put together "personal contests." ... If it is a rule of the forum that all software contests are required to use Random.com to decide the winners of their contests, then I plead ignorance and ask your and all reading to forgive me for posting on this thread. 

Is it a rule that all who hold contests on this forum use Random.org to keep their contests honest?

Thank you, tarekma7,
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale
I am discussing official giveaway section.  

Personal giveaway is following rules of the member who start it so, I am not following it. But I see also random.org in personal giveaway section. 

Can you please PM me more details about what you mean to check?
(02-09-2021 , 10:06 PM)divinenews Wrote: tarekma7,

I know and trust you completely to hold a fair and trustworthy contest. I have participated in your contests for years and always trusted your list of winners. ... My friend, I was speaking of those who sponsor or put together "personal contests." ... If it is a rule of the forum that all software contests are required to use Random.com to decide the winners of their contests, then I plead ignorance and ask your and all reading to forgive me for posting on this thread. 

Is it a rule that all who hold contests on this forum use Random.org to keep their contests honest?

Thank you, tarekma7,
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale

It is not a rule of the forum that all software contests are required to use Random.org to decide the winners of their contests.

Gleam has their own drawing method of their contests and I have used the Wheel of Names.

https://wheelofnames.com/6x6-e6s

Here is a contest held with the wheel https://www.promo2day.com/showthread.php...+the+wheel
(02-09-2021 , 10:38 PM)Mike Wrote:
(02-09-2021 , 10:06 PM)divinenews Wrote: tarekma7,

Thank you, tarekma7,
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale

It is not a rule of the forum that all software contests are required to use Random.org to decide the winners of their contests.

Gleam has their own drawing method of their contests and I have used the Wheel of Names.

https://wheelofnames.com/6x6-e6s

Here is a contest held with the wheel https://www.promo2day.com/showthread.php...+the+wheel

That wheel is very cool idea, Mike
I like it.
Thumb
(02-09-2021 , 08:19 AM)tarekma7 Wrote: We always use Random.org and I did not exclude any entry but after winners selection if the entry is not valid and fulfilling rules of the contest, he lose his win and next on the list is selected. I think this is fair to all

To the staff and my fellow forum members,

I stand corrected. I can find now "personal contests" where Random.com was not used to determine the winner(s). ... I humbly suggest for it to be put in the rules of the forum for all contests that the staff can control so we never have a situation that can be questioned. 

I am truly sorry if anyone took offense to my suggestion that this has ever happened.

divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale.
Nobody is taking offense Elijah. I'm not putting in the forum rules that all giveaways have to be done by Random.org. It is up to the person posting the giveaway to make their own set of rules.