Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
DVDFab Player 5 Takes on PowerDVD 17?
DVDFab Player 5 Takes on PowerDVD 17?

Media player application is one of those must-have companions for people who often watch movies, TV Shows and other videos on their personal computers. There are tons of software players available, some are from big names, such as the Windows Media Player and Movies & TVs app from Microsoft, the QuickTime player from Apple, some are from dedicated software vendors, such as the VLC player, the TotalMedia Theatre, DVDFab Media Player (the latest version removes the Media from its name), and PowerDVD, etc., and still others might from those small names you might not even heard of.

Moreover, the overall capability of the media player software varies from one to another. Depending on the types of your media contents, say, DVDs, Blu-rays, 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays, ripped ISO files or folders, etc., the encoding formats, such as H.264, H.265 (aka HEVC), AVC, MPEG, etc., and the various audio types that come with the videos, like DTS-HD Master, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, etc., sometimes, you might need a particular software in order to handle a particular video, audio even subtitles format, after all, not every player software has the ability to handle all the things out there.

That said, there are still a few capable of being an all-in-one media player, like the two I’m going to talk about next, the all-new DVDFab Player 5 from the Beijing headquartered Fengtao Software and the brand-new PowerDVD 17 from the Taiwan based CyberLink Corp., which are probably the best two comprehensive media player software nowadays money can buy on the market. These two products, as claimed on both websites, literally play back everything you have at home. However, each of these two has its own pros and cons. In the following sections, I will compare the two in a toe-to-toe manner, so that you don’t have to but still can decide which one to go with.

Before I start, I would like first to stress out that, in order to make the comparison as fair as I can, I will compare only the Ultra versions of both products, which pack all their respective feature sets and functionalities.

For the rest of the article,you can visit it here:https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/4k-media/dvdfab-player-5-vs-powerdvd-17

Messages In This Thread
DVDFab Player 5 Takes on PowerDVD 17? - by victorhan2012 - 03-13-2018 , 05:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows Defender is an Antivirus It takes resources too (The PC Security Channel) mrtrout 0 2,107 04-08-2018 , 11:49 PM
Last Post: mrtrout