Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Emsisoft New in 2018.9: Improved Surf Protection and New Dark Mode
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/32084/new-i...dark-mode/            PRODUCT UPDATES
New in 2018.9: Improved Surf Protection and New Dark Mode
EMSI
OCTOBER 3, 2018
2 MIN READ
Over the last couple of months, our research and development team has created a new technical foundation for Emsisoft Anti-Malware’s Surf Protection to make it more robust and compatible with the latest changes in common web browsers.

Microsoft Edge is now fully supported and we also made some changes to stop Chrome incorrectly flagging our software as incompatible – without making any compromises on the level of protection provided to you.

The latest software release also adds a brand new and long-awaited Dark Mode, which changes the whole software to a dark color theme. You might find this new screen contrast gentler on your eyes, particularly if you mostly use your computer at night. It also helps slightly reduce the drain on laptop batteries.

To switch to Dark Mode, open the Settings panel and go to the “Advanced” section where you will find “Appearance” which you can change from “Bright” to “Dark”.

All 2018.9 improvements in a nutshell
Emsisoft Anti-Malware
New Dark Mode.
Improved Surf Protection compatibility.
Several minor tweaks and fixes.
Emsisoft Enterprise Console
Several minor tweaks and fixes.
How to obtain the new version
As always, so long as you have auto-updates enabled in the software, you will receive the latest version automatically during your regularly scheduled updates, which are hourly by default. New users, please download the full installer from our product pages.

Note to Enterprise users: If you have chosen to receive “Delayed” updates in the Update settings for your clients, they will receive the new software version no earlier than 30 days after the regular “Stable” availability. This gives you time to perform internal compatibility tests before a new version gets rolled out to your clients automatically.

Have a great and well-protected day!

Emsi
Emsisoft founder and managing director. In 1998 when I was 16, a so called 'friend' sent me a file via ICQ that unexpectedly opened my CD-ROM drive, which gave me a big scare. It marked the start of my journey to fight trojans and other malware. My story        https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/      Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Complete protection for your PC that works
30-DAY FREE TRIAL
32 bit MSI - 64 bit MSI - Combined EXE

BUY NOW
Already have a license?
Click here to download the program

Version 2018.9.0.8961 — Released: 10/03/2018
For Windows 7/8.1/10, 32 & 64 bit         100% Scanned Malware Free & Clean With Comodo Internet Security Premium  ( No Viruses, No Malware, No Adware,  No  Spyware,   No Trojans,  No Rootkits,  No Worms,   No Ransomware,)  & Digital Signature ( Emsisoft Ltd)  The following software vendor digitally sign their files and their files are trusted  This Software Is On Comodo Trusted Vendors List Of Signed & Safe Applications

Messages In This Thread
Emsisoft New in 2018.9: Improved Surf Protection and New Dark Mode - by mrtrout - 10-03-2018 , 11:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing new and improved CCleaner update settings! mrtrout 0 1,959 11-30-2018 , 07:16 AM
Last Post: mrtrout