Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Firewall?
I use Kaspersky Cloud Free & VoodooShield Pro on Windows 10.
Should I add a firewall or Windows 10 firewall is all I need?

Also, should I replace Kaspersky Cloud Free with Windows Defender?
VoodooShield Pro has Computer lock, Artificial intelligence, 70+ scanners, and new WhitelistCloud.
I think Windows Defender is sufficient with VS Pro. It is native security, less conflict & impact on the system.
Windows allows outbound connections by default. Most 3th party firewall do the same, with a few more rules. Furthermore some 3th party firewalls also use windows own firewall center. I don't see any reason to use other firewall options. But you can harden your firewall with

-WFC by malwarebytes --> I use it and recommend

-Voodooshield whiteclooudlist as you mentioned. But this option is not as safe the first one. Keep that in mind. It's very easy to add rules to a non hardened Windows Firewall

(07-16-2020 , 02:34 PM)saman Wrote: Also, should I replace Kaspersky Cloud Free with Windows Defender?
VoodooShield Pro has Computer lock, Artificial intelligence, 70+ scanners, and new WhitelistCloud.
I think Windows Defender is sufficient with VS Pro. It is native security, less conflict & impact on the system.

Yes, and use Hard_Configurator or Configure_Defender with it
I'm trying Eset Internet Security in Interactive Mode. It bombarded me with alerts, but once I allowed all the needed programs, it's calm now. So far, I like it. I don't install many programs, so I guess HIPS won't be an issue. Let's see how it goes and if I like it in the long run.