Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
GOM Cam beta test
Becoming a GOM Cam beta tester
http://www.gomlab.com/event/gomcam/eng/
2016/09/05 - 2016/09/18

Quote:Be the first to use GOM Cam by becoming a beta tester.
Every applicant will be given a free one-month license and everyone who submits their feedback will be given a free GOM Cam license.
Thanks for posting this beta test free offer Biwmag.

Gretech Corp. Testing Period Wrote:Application period : From Monday, September 5 to Sunday, September 18
Participation and feedback : From Monday, September 19 to Wednesday, September 28
Testing closed and license distribution : Notices and licenses will be sent to beta testers by email after the testing period closes on Wednesday, September 28th.

How to apply for and participate in the beta tests
When you apply to be a beta tester, your license information will be sent to you by email on September 19th.
Download GOM Cam using your personal license on the beta test homepage, register it, and then begin testing.
After you try out GOM Cam, send us your feedback before September 27.

How to give us your feedback
Submit Survey on the beta test homepage
Send an email to gomcam@gretech.com

Benefits
Everyone who submits their feedback after using GOM Cam will be given a free license.
Update September 20 - It looks like the e-mails have rolled out for the beta license. I am looking forward to testing Gom Cam.

[Image: igbWZeL.jpg]
Thanks

Update
- Well it does not look like GOM Cam is off to a good start for me. The installation seemed to have gone fine, no errors reported. GOM Cam also installed DirectX and Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) with no problems. However when I launched GOM Cam, I got this...

[Image: QXXGEK5.jpg]

During the setup, there was also a very quick popup of a command prompt window...

[Image: xNG2E6K.jpg]

The error opens up a link to http://cam.gomlab.com/faq.gom which is an FAQ for GOM Cam, but can't find that error.

My 2 cents - All the years of installing multitude of software, I have never had software not work right out of the gate. I have also never seen this kind of error message before. Running 64-bit Windows 10 build 14393.187 fully updated. I did send the developer my details and screenshots, I will have to wait and see what they say.
@giveaway_junkie

Won't run - ditto

Got exactly the same (Windows 7 64-bit) so can't even put licence number in, unfortunately, as it terminates after the message as shown in your screenshot.
GOM emailed to say the program needs DirectX  v 9.0c or higher which is installed automatically (usually) when GOM is installed. But it doesn't always work even with this and their team are investigating what the issue is. I have had to uninstall as I could not fix it. Shame as it might be really good  :(
Update 2 - After several back n' forth e-mails, they figured out it was something to do with DirectX. They had sent me a different dxcpl.exe (yes I uploaded it to all the online virus/malware checkers first). After getting the DirectX issues sorted out, I was able to finally try GOM Cam on the 28. Probably missed the beta feedback deadline, but oh well.

The image capture worked well, and was easy to add text, or other images. But I wasn't able to get the game capture to work at all, could not  record any of the PC game that I have installed (123 Free Solitaire, LIMBO, GTA: San Andreas, a few PopCap Games,  a couple of standalone Flash games, and a few older PC games).

Probably not a bug, but if I start GOM Cam offline, it says I need to register, but If I am online and start it, it says its registered. GOM Cam is definitely not ready for prime time right now, but with some fine tuning, it will be ready for the masses in the near future.

My 2 cents - I wonder if anyone was able to get GOM Cam working?
My PC for the beta test is Vista. Gom Cam refuses it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artweaver 7 Beta Test key baziroll 1 1,127 04-16-2019 , 08:05 PM
Last Post: AAU