• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Contact with developers
Hi All

Please don't contact any developer on behalf of Promo2day forum

This is the job of the staff members
Hi all

This is a second reminder

No contact with any developer for any reason on behalf of Promo2day forum. 

If you are a winner and go directly to the developer with no permission from staff members or giveaway organizer; you will be banned from all future giveaways in Promo2day
[Image: o.jpg]
Somebody has been a bad bad person.
... Bet they won't do it anymore - if they were smart enough to read this forum rules section of the forum!

Seriously, thank you Admin Tarekma7 for this warning to all members. Thumb

I suspect many have not taken time to read/learn the forum rules ... and some just need reminding.

*There was a time when I first joined the forum that I started to approach one of my favorite software vendors to ask about sponsoring their software on the forum, but lucky for me I asked a moderator "buddy" first and he reminded me of the forum rule against it.  Duh
---> Note: I hope this warning makes it into tomorrow's forum daily email newsletter.
All members must read/learn the forum rules!
(01-17-2020 , 09:33 AM)tarekma7 Wrote: Hi all

This is a second reminder

No contact with any developer for any reason on behalf of Promo2day forum. 

If you are a winner and go directly to the developer with no permission from staff members or giveaway organizer; you will be banned from all future giveaways in Promo2day

I think they should be banned from the forum. When members deal with the developers on their own it makes us look bad.
We have a few developers upset after our members have contacted them asking to transfer licenses after winning on our giveaway contests. I have an issue with this and there is no excuse and against the rules so these members will be banned from the forum. We do a lot of work in getting these licenses to hold our giveaways and the ones that are specified for an email are not transferable or to be re-sold. If your license quits working and blacklisted it's your own fault.

Mike
(01-18-2020 , 01:38 PM)Mike Wrote: We have a few developers upset after our members have contacted them asking to transfer licenses after winning on our giveaway contests. I have an issue with this and there is no excuse and against the rules so these members will be banned from the forum. We do a lot of work in getting these licenses to hold our giveaways and the ones that are specified for an email are not transferable or to be re-sold. If your license quits working and blacklisted it's your own fault.

Mike

Mike, 
Specifically, who did what exactly?
This general accusation is ambiguous. 
Thanks.
(01-18-2020 , 03:15 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-18-2020 , 01:38 PM)Mike Wrote: We have a few developers upset after our members have contacted them asking to transfer licenses after winning on our giveaway contests. I have an issue with this and there is no excuse and against the rules so these members will be banned from the forum. We do a lot of work in getting these licenses to hold our giveaways and the ones that are specified for an email are not transferable or to be re-sold. If your license quits working and blacklisted it's your own fault.

Mike

Mike, 
Thanks.

I'm not going to name individuals and I'm sure they know who they are. If your willing to trade licenses that is not a problem with me but when you contact developers trying to change names and emails from licenses won here it becomes a problem.
I see idiocy!  Big Grin
(01-18-2020 , 03:23 PM)Mike Wrote:
(01-18-2020 , 03:15 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:

Mike

Mike, 
Thanks.

I'm not going to name individuals and I'm sure they know who they are. If your willing to trade licenses that is not a problem with me but when you contact developers trying to change names and emails from licenses won here it becomes a problem.

You are right. I always advise traders not to contact devs under any circumstance. Some listen others don't. I know few that lost their licenses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Announcement for Developers tarekma7 3 14,512 02-27-2023 , 07:48 PM
Last Post: aanitanixon