Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Contact with developers
I surf the net a lot, register on many forums and sites (in different languages !!!), and I can clearly see users who are selling licenses. It has already reached the point that they open their pages, on blogs, on sales, put their prices on different software, I think this is not a secret. It looks something like this if a person wants to buy a license, he wants something to be registered on his Email, so the seller turns to the developer to change the Email. The Promo2day forum has problems with developers because of this. 

Question: Why the hell are such users needed here?

Licenses for users who really need it.
(01-18-2020 , 05:12 PM)Sasha Wrote: I surf the net a lot, register on many forums and sites (in different languages !!!), and I can clearly see users who are selling licenses. It has already reached the point that they open their pages, on blogs, on sales, put their prices on different software, I think this is not a secret. It looks something like this if a person wants to buy a license, he wants something to be registered on his Email, so the seller turns to the developer to change the Email. The Promo2day forum has problems with developers because of this. 

Give us some examples sasha.
Friend, you really think that I will post nicknames here, Mike correctly wrote in his post about this.
We have a mentality!
(01-18-2020 , 05:12 PM)Sasha Wrote: I surf the net a lot, register on many forums and sites (in different languages !!!), and I can clearly see users who are selling licenses. It has already reached the point that they open their pages, on blogs, on sales, put their prices on different software, I think this is not a secret. It looks something like this if a person wants to buy a license, he wants something to be registered on his Email, so the seller turns to the developer to change the Email. The Promo2day forum has problems with developers because of this. 

I agree totally with you, Sasha.
I have always thought the basic beauty and virtue of this forum and the few others who have software contests is that they are helping people get the software they need but cannot afford. ... This act of unselfishness by the administrators, moderators, and members of this forum should not be allowed to be used by "bad actors" who hope to gain financially without them being punished at least by banishment from this forum and all like it.

Mike, I applaud your righteous anger at these people. You made a very good and compelling argument regarding why this behavior is wrong.
I sincerely applaud you and I wish you luck in detecting all such greedy people and banning them from our community. Clapping  Thumb
I have a solution for this problem.

whenever in the future we contact to any dev and they gives us a software license with attached name and email with a person, just tell them if any winners contact to change the name or email, just black list his license without reply him, and inform us if possible.

Regards
Mohammad
(01-18-2020 , 05:57 PM)Mohammad Wrote: I have a solution for this problem.

whenever in the future we contact to any dev and they gives us a software license with attached name and email with a person, just tell them if any winners contact to change the name or email, just black list his license with reply him, and inform us if possible.

Regards
Mohammad
If possible, this Info should be included in the Giveaway Details and Rules in every giveaway on the forum.
(01-18-2020 , 06:03 PM)Starship Wrote: If possible, this Info should be included in the Giveaway Details and Rules in every giveaway on the forum.

We don't need to include this on the Giveaway Details and Rules in every giveaway on the forum. It is stated in the rules about selling licenses and contacting developers along with having dual accounts. 
(01-18-2020 , 05:57 PM)Mohammad Wrote: I have a solution for this problem.

whenever in the future we contact to any dev and they gives us a software license with attached name and email with a person, just tell them if any winners contact to change the name or email, just black list his license without reply him, and inform us if possible.

Regards
Mohammad

Your solution is fine Mohammad but developers don't need to deal with all these issues and problems. They will just quit donating licenses to our forum. I already mentioned to developers to blacklist the licenses from members who contact them.
(01-18-2020 , 06:36 PM)Mike Wrote:
(01-18-2020 , 06:03 PM)Starship Wrote: If possible, this Info should be included in the Giveaway Details and Rules in every giveaway on the forum.

We don't need to include this on the Giveaway Details and Rules in every giveaway on the forum. It is stated in the rules about selling licenses and contacting developers along with having dual accounts. 
As suggested by another member,

This INFO = if any winners contact to change the name or email, just black list his license with reply him.

RULE = License registration not transferable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Announcement for Developers tarekma7 3 14,584 02-27-2023 , 07:48 PM
Last Post: aanitanixon