Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Able2Extract PDF Converter 11: Bugs and errors
I read this article about able2extract Professional 11 :

[Image: a2e-ugly-office-error.png]

Quote:Conclusion
Able2Extract PDF Converter 11 is a bi-polar product. On one hand, it offers some rather interesting improvements, as well as new features. The most prominent is the quality of conversions, and I guess this will be the selling point. Annotations can also be useful. However, the good stuff comes with a price. More bugs, a less-than-perfect batch conversion mechanism, old ghosts that should have been resolved, and an actual price hike. We cannot dismiss the fat layer of cost that has been added in the new version.
I am not sure why the program should fail on Microsoft Office or why OpenOffice has been hidden away. Those are such small and yet unnecessary issues that take away from the overall experience. The rain of errors and the eventual crash are also inexcusable, and they sure do not contribute to the feeling of value-for-money, which this software should deliver in big heaps.
Not quite sure what to say. I like the new stuff, but I definitely do not like the bad stuff, and surely not the old bad stuff. The conversions are really great, but everything else requires more attention and polish. At USD149.95, you will be nitpicking about every little papercut. As a bare minimum, the batch conversion should work, the annotation stuff needs to be more streamlined, and I want more clarity around OpenOffice. Lastly, the outstanding MS Office install thingie needs to be fixed. All in all, 5.5/10. Not bad, but we've seen better. If you need precision, yes, if you need everything else, well, not quite.
Cheers.

To have an idea about the bugs in this new version and does it worth that price of 149$, read the article here:

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/able2...eview.html

The program has good conversion features but need MS Office to work!!. Also, the editing features are not to the professional extent.

The GUI needs to be improved. High CPU usage

There are a lot of programs for PDF Edit and convert. What do you prefer? and Have you tried to use this program?

What is your impression from using?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 TYPES OF ABLE2EXTRACT USERS tarekma7 0 2,075 05-07-2018 , 07:36 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  PDFelement 6 Pro versus Able2Extract Professional 11: Why to pay more? tarekma7 0 13,417 05-28-2017 , 10:04 PM
  Able2extract 11 test with Negative points tarekma7 0 2,121 02-15-2017 , 04:02 PM