Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Earthquake shakes parts of SA
http://www.you.co.za/news/earthquake-sha...th-africa/  Earthquake shakes parts of SA

By YOU on April 3, 2017 An unexpected earthquake rattled the northern part of South Africa early Monday morning.

According to the United Geological Survey (USGC), the earthquake – a steady 5,2 on the Richter scale – occurred at 05.08 am.

The earthquake originated 5 km below the surface of the earth and the epicentre was within 8 km of the Northwest town of Stilfontein, and 41 km away from the student town Potchefstroom.

Read more: Caught on camera! Earthquake rattles Oudtshoorn

Residents from Pretoria, Johannesburg, Orkney and Klerksdorp were amongst those that felt the tremors of the quake.

We asked our readers to tell us from which parts of the country they felt it.

Reader Petro Carstens said he initially thought it was a nearby train was passing.

Elize Botha was very close to the epicentre. “I was in Silfontein. It felt as if someone picked up my house, shook it and threw it down again. I was so shocked, it knocked the wind out of me,” she explained.
Mother nature showing her fury!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's What Will Happen After a Huge Earthquake Inevitably Hits California mrtrout 0 2,534 04-07-2018 , 10:00 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Earthquake Solomon Islands - Tsunami Waves Possible After 8.0 Quake mrtrout 0 1,929 12-09-2016 , 12:08 AM
Last Post: mrtrout