[Exclusive] Windows Firewall Control Review and Giveaway
[Image: slide3.png]

Windows Firewall Control is a powerful tool which extends the functionality of Windows Firewall and provides new extra features which makes Windows Firewall even better. It runs in the system tray and allows the user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. 

Homepage:

https://www.binisoft.org/wfc.php

System Requirements:

Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Server 2016, Server 2012, both 32 and 64 bit. Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6 or newer

Windows Firewall and DNS Client services 

Current version: 4.9.9.1

Release Date:  June 29, 2017

Download:

https://www.binisoft.org/download/wfc4setup.exe

File size:  1.52 MB

[Image: 07oSiLR.png?1]

Filtering modes:

Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click: 

High Filtering: All outbound and inbound connections are blocked. This profile blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer. 
Medium Filtering:  Outbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only the programs that you allow can initiate outbound connections. 
Low Filtering:  Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed. The user can block the programs he doesn't want to allow initiating outbound connections. 
No Filtering:  Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer. 

Windows Firewall Control doesn't do any packet filtering and does not block or allow any connection. This is done by Windows Firewall itself based on the existing firewall rules.

Program Features:

Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules. 
Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall. 
Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files. 

Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules. 
Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist any more. 
Possibility to find and display duplicate firewall rules. 
Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones. 
View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log. 

Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon. 
Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation. 
Import and export of partial sets of rules. 
Protection to unauthorized uninstallation. 
Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation. 
Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available. 
And many more.

New Features:

You can see the full list of changes here:

https://www.binisoft.org/changelog.txt 

What is the difference between registered user and activation code?

License:
  • An activation code is valid for an installation id as long as the operating system is not changed.
  • If the operating system is reinstalled then the installation id changes and the activation code will not work anymore.
  • The activation status is preserved between WFC versions when a new update is available.
  • An activation code can be used to keep WFC activated for 1 month or for 5 years depending on how long the installation id remains the same.
  • Because an activation code works for a specific installation id only, an activation code can be used on one machine only.
Registered user:

A registered user account offers access to an online activation code generator which can be used to activate WFC on all computers that a user owns at home, for unlimited times, anytime.

A registered user can activate for example WFC on all his 5 computers at any time.

To become a registered user, a donation is required on website for a lifetime license for all computers that a user owns.

As a Registered User, you will get the following extra benefits and features:

Notifications System which provides notifications for outbound blocked connections. You can display notifications for all outgoing connections that were blocked (display mode) or only for unsigned programs (learning mode). In addition, you can disable notifications

Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.

Conclusion:

This is the best tool to manage that lets you fully manage and control your native firewall. The program is easy to use and 

Read the full review HERE

I would like to thank Binisoft Team for sponsoring this exclusive Giveaway for Promo2day members

We have 7 licenses to be awarded in this giveaway:  

5 Licenses will be offered as Activation codes. You will need to install the program on your computer and send me your installation ID and you will receive the activation code. This will activate the program on your computer. You can use the program indefinitely

2 Licenses will be registered users that will let you enjoy all the features of registered users

To have a chance to win an activation code  (License) please follow these simple rules:

1. Share this giveaway on your social media (Facebook, Twitter) or other forums

2. Reply here with: your share link and your favorite features you like in the app 

3. Subscribe to our newsletter RSS FeedBurner and never miss a giveaway.

4. If you have social media accounts : Follow us on Facebook and Twitter  [Optional]

Winners of the 5 ACTIVATION CODES will be RANDOMLY selected at the end of the giveaway. PM me within 3 days of winner selection to claim your license. Your claim MUST include your installation ID (See the review topic for details)

To have a chance to win ONE of the TWO lifetime registration licenses; you need to show more support for the program

Your reply must include:

Details about your experience with the use of the program, testing all the program features [in the form of many sentences ominireview ]
Features you suggest to be added
Report any incompatibility problems

Share and promote the program on social media 

Like and follow Binisoft account on social media. 

The two winners with the best reply and support for the program will be selected by the developer 

Good Luck for ALL!!
i want to win the binisoft windows firewall control because i can to control easily the rules and i can to do more robust my windows firewall and stop telemetry.
my favorite features are: Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.

My Share On Facebook for this giveaway
Thanks for this giveaway the user interface however could be a little better as the user experience for newbie user like me is very limited. I don't usually do anything to the default firewall but this app might be prove useful for me to understand it bette and tweak around the settings.

However leaving the advanced customization option I really like the easy filtering mode to be activated instantly albeit more information of each feature is appreciated.

twitter share
thank you very much for giveaway. Heart Heart Heart
nowadays everyone need firewall on their computer.microsoft windows implemented hard way
to control its firewall with less securing rule every program can easily write rule in firewall and pass restriction.
here Windows Firewall Control come handy and add extra layer to your firewall and
make everything easy for you.so check you how this amazing program work.
suggestion:provide options to repairs windows firewall even in worst scenario
example when receive this error"could not subscribe to windows firewall"
i know its use connection log to show ip
but i want it able capture url address then calculate its ip and show it with windows firewall generated ip
so we more easily can detect what e are blocking
youtube share
Twitter
Google+
Twitter2
Twitter3
facebook p

Thanks baziroll  but I want to make it clear for any member who want to contribute especially we have two exclusive lifetime registered winners:
No video review is needed. Just minireview
You can also use the same reply method as in other giveaways to win one of the 5 activation codes
Thanks to Binisoft team & tarekma7 for this rare & wonderful giveaway.

Microsoft Windows 7 and Vista already got a built-in default, free and powerful firewall but its mostly for the technical minded. Without proper interface & not enough knowledge about features this is tricky to properly configure. If it's just to control outbound traffic from programs, Windows firewall add-ons are fairly simple & this nice little app makes it simpler. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall.

Reason we need a strong firewall set is in current technological age we live with hackers & identity thieves who could after a 5 minute period could walk through any commercial grade firewall. Hardening a firewall with other programs primarily with WFC from Binisoft is the way forward esp for users who still use Windows 7/Vista. Binisoft have since developed WFC into Win10 & Win8, 8.1 & other versions. Back in the v.2. this was an executable little file less than 200kb. Since then in the current version what WFC has kept is the simplicity but added the necessary features as time & windows versions evolved.

The utility provides quick access to some important features built into the operating system: Windows Firewall with Advanced Security for analyzing and tweaking expert inbound, outbound, connection security and monitoring rules, Event Viewer for examining event logs, together with Resource Monitor for keeping track of CPU, memory, disk and network utilization. This is one aspect why I really liked WFC. Apart from obvious one click block or allow parts best features are:
  • Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
  • Import and export the policy of the program.
  • Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
  • Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
Rules can be secured by automatically ignoring the ones created by other firewall tools aside from Windows Firewall Control. Plus, they can be memorized for the next system logon. Global hotkeys can be assigned to swiftly bring up the rules and primary panel. The IP address reputation of URLs can be easily verified, while a file's integrity can be checked by calculating its SHA256 hash.

Recommendation:
When I first used WFC several years ago I recall there was very short help options being available. Since then help section have improved but would like one explained in laymans terms for inexperienced/first time users.
Personally I have suffered phishing attacks from bots & phishing urls so would like if particular ip addresses of incoming phishing urls can be identified & blocked immediately in the high filtering. My rule set were always on high side & I created a large list which in turn sometimes made it unresponsive. Hope to see this problem is fixed in recent versions.
If a set of rule can be implemented as machine learning for certain programs which require outbound connections would be great. That way I won't have to customize another rule set for it. I checked the notification setting of learning mode for digitally signed programs but would like it for unsigned/beta stage dev programs & as a filtering profile.
Is there any way WFC can incorporate databases of phishing sites & urls already provided by several adblocking /spyware & malware blocking program entities & keep it with regular updates as they occur? This way I would not need a separate program. I like the verifying ip address rep part & want it enhanced with auto-blocking if a url is known for phishing or malware. This should be in a list in the tools section along with virustotal or whois checkup.
Would like confirmation on when automatically rules are deleted after set time/when I clear old logs.
Used to get changelog can not resolve application path for some executable progs hope its fixed.
Would DEFINITELY like if 1 or 2 registered features now come in the free version. Like setting up upto 5 temporary rules.

Binisoft github page share

WFC faq page share

Binisoft youtube page share

Facebook share

Review share

Product promo share
Twitter

WFC is the best program to control network traffic using built in MS firewall.Since it doesn't have a separate firewall, it is very light on resource and optimizes the use of existing firewall with a good UI that is easy to configure.The advantage of WFC is easy integration to right click context menu so that we can configure to allow or block a program just few clicks.The connection log is very useful to check which program is requesting access to what server, so we can verify and allow or block them.I like the overall features of WFC and I recommend it to anyone to use this instead of other standalone firewall program.

Suggestions:Please add
  • an option to block domain based addresses(website urls).
  • an option to set an individual software in learning/interactive mode via context menu so that we can allow or block certain connections as and when the program requests, this would be helpful when we would know which ip to allow or which to block (this would be useful in servers of games).
  • an option to download a list of risky and unsafe website urls or ip's and block access to only those ip's that match the list when a program tries to connect to them.
Another program request: If possible please create an app for filtering in mobile phones.
Share Link: Twitter

As cliche as it may sound, it's tough to list my favorite features of WFC because WFC is the ideal solution to dealing with the annoyance that is Windows Firewall. Alone, Windows Firewall is not user friendly at all. However, with WFC it's easy to customize Windows Firewall and even appeasing to the eye. Windows Firewall Control is an extremely lightweight application and makes it extremely easy to create/change/remove rules from Windows Firewall. Another amazing feature is that it can prevent other applications from automatically adding Windows Firewall rules without your approval. WFC makes it easy to find which rules are unnecessary or invalid-- for example, if an application is uninstalled and you previously had a rule for it, WFC makes it easy to remove such rules.  One feature I'm really hope to have the opportunity to use is the ability to create temporary rules that will be removed once an application is closed. Feature request: Have a specific timing function for rules to automatically activate/deactivate at certain times of day or after a certain period of time, even if the application isn't closed/restarted. I haven't had any compatibility issues yet, however if I come across any I will be sure to add it to this post or message WFC Support.
This giveaway is exclusive with two registered users. I hope to see more contribution here

You can do the same as any giveaway and win an activation code
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...0102718465

THANKS!!!

1.Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click
2.Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Promo2day Contest [Exclusive] Norton Security Premium Giveaway plus backup for 10 Devices Sasha 68 25,099 04-10-2019 , 09:48 PM
Last Post: pisulika
  Promo2day Contest [Exclusive/Christmas Giveaway] Vovsoft Universal License giveaway tarekma7 29 15,681 01-19-2019 , 10:39 PM
Last Post: Bjyda
  Promo2day Contest Corel PaintShop Pro 2019 Ultimate Exclusive Giveaway tarekma7 58 99,920 01-11-2019 , 06:32 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  [Review and Giveaway] CleverPDF for Windows (10 Lifetime Licenses) tarekma7 27 10,389 09-16-2018 , 02:17 PM
Last Post: kubik67
  [Exclusive] Private Internet Access Review and Giveaway tarekma7 65 26,321 07-28-2018 , 11:12 AM
Last Post: Suprakabi