Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Motorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67 R.I.P.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/...smsnnews11      Motorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67   'Survivor' recap: What happened on last night's episode?
Motorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67: "Fast" Eddie Clarke, the Motorhead guitarist who appeared on many of the band's classic albums, died at age 67.
Fin Costello/Getty "Fast" Eddie Clarke, the Motorhead guitarist who appeared on many of the band's classic albums, died at age 67.
"Fast" Eddie Clarke, the guitarist for heavy metal legends Motörhead who appeared on many of the band's classic albums, died Wednesday. He was 67.

The group confirmed Clarke's death on Facebook, noting that he was in the hospital for pneumonia.

"We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight. Edward Allan Clarke - or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke - passed away peacefully yesterday," the group wrote. "Fast Eddie...keep roaring, rockin' and rollin' up there as goddamit man, your Motörfamily would expect nothing less!!!"

"Such a shock. He will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock n roller. RIP Eddie," wrote longtime guitarist Phil Campbell.

“Oh my f***ing God, this is terrible news, the last of the three amigos," wrote former drummer Mikkey Dee. "I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape. So this is a complete shock. Me and Eddie always hit it off great. I was looking forward to seeing him in the UK this summer when we come around with the [Scorpions]…Now Lem and Philthy can jam with Eddie again, and if you listen carefully I’m sure you’ll hear them, so watch out!!! My thoughts go out to Eddie’s family and close ones."

Clarke was the last surviving member of Mötorhead's classic trio, with both bassist/singer Lemmy Kilmister and drummer Phil Taylor dying in 2015. The three came together in the mid-Seventies and released their self-titled debut in 1977. Clarke would serve as Mötorhead's guitarist, and occasional singer, for the next five years as the band's popularity grew. Mötorhead released a steady stream of albums during the late-Seventies and early-Eighties, including classics like Overkill, Ace of Spades and their live record, No Sleep 'til Hammersmith.

Clarke's last album with Mötorhead was 1982's Iron Fist, after which Thin Lizzy guitarist Brian Robertson took his spot. Band tensions played a role in Clarke's departure and the final straw for the guitarist was reportedly Mötorhead's decision to partner with the Plasmatics for an EP featuring a cover of Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man."

After leaving Mötorhead, Clarke teamed with bassist Pete Way to form a new outfit, Fastway, which released its self-titled debut in 1983. The group released a string of records throughout the Eighties, riding the popularity of heavy metal and hair metal, before splitting in the early Nineties.

Clarke released a solo album, It Ain't Over Till It's Over, in 1994, which notably found him reuniting with his former Mötorhead bandmate Lemmy on "Laugh at the Devil." Clarke would continue to record and perform over the next few decades, releasing solo records and reuniting with Fastway. His last LP, Make My Day – Back to Blues, arrived in 2014.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eddie Van Halen's death, celebs react: 'My heart is broken' mrtrout 0 1,189 10-07-2020 , 01:11 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Former Leafs 'Entertainer' Eddie Shack dies at 83 mrtrout 0 1,235 07-27-2020 , 12:39 AM
  Motörhead Ace Of Spades (Official Video) mrtrout 0 1,693 01-12-2018 , 04:47 AM
  Malcolm Young AC/DC Guitarist, Dead at 64 Mike 4 3,356 11-19-2017 , 02:07 AM
  Former Marilyn Manson guitarist Daisy Berkowitz dies at 49 mrtrout 0 1,643 10-23-2017 , 10:23 PM