Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
New Staff Members needed
Hi,
Though I am not so active recently on online forums so pardon me if I am wrong in any point :rolleyes:

I think just posting new articles won't help in big way as this will help in slight increase in active members count.

As mentioned by Myna, currently promo2day is running too many not so useful giveaways. What I would prefer be less number but useful giveaways. Many people participate just to increase list of their software.
Also, you already have Giveaway suggestion page but it looks more cluttered, I think polling on separate section can help you know the interest of the members.

Now a days, Mobile apps (Android & iOS) are quiet popular and AFAIK there is no good giveaway forum for them. It will be a good domain to add to gain more members.

Just like Gleam, Raffles, etc. Instead of social media share, we ask everyone to PM the promo2day review/giveaway link (special link to each member to detect how many people hit that link) to their friends on any platform like Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc. Then to qualify for giveaway, you should have 'x' minimum number of hits to that link. 
I wonder if is a feasible option to try?
I will modify the software giveaway suggestions soon

But how can we have a useful giveaway?  this is very difficult as many developers are not easily responding to our efforts

Mobile giveaway are running on the forum thanks to the efforts of many members as comphelp. 

If you mean contest for mobile software as computer software; I already tried many developers to start this activity but no reply

Please explain more the last point of number of hits to the link
New software giveaway suggestion rule added:

https://www.promo2day.com/showthread.php?tid=24684

All other giveaway request separate topics closed
Many suggestions will be considered here. Thanks and waiting for more users who like to help
will this topic converted to suggestion topic Tongue
as myna have suggest some good
if you want get more user see what user most need or use more
idm(must wanted seems too me i know limitation for sure,if here we have more more user come),backup program,v..p..n,antivirus
longer period giveaway

anyhow some people don't understand free stuff
i told some friend join they said cracked one is better Sick Lmao Oh no

too me Social share is good for getting more user but if it not just for entering for giveaway
user should share for then once with good keyword
Now that I am back from vacation and have time to reply I would like to thank Myna and Tarek for all your suggestions and concerns. I also would like to make a few comments myself.

Social Media Shares: I believe they are also a joke but many developers request this. I have argued with developers over this and told some I will not enforce the share on members to join giveaways. Some members don't even have social media accounts. I have even turned down a few giveaways over their request.

Reviews: I am not a reviewer myself and find it hard to get members to review the software products yet many developers want a review posted with the giveaway rather than copy and past info from their website which many websites do. Hopefully in the future we will have a few new reviewers.

Giveaways: After working for a few other forums I am more of a fan of time limited giveaways where everyone gets to try the software product for free. Many developers like these because if a person tries and likes the product they are more likely to by a license in the future. I also agree not to run a giveaway every 6 months unless it's time limited and developer makes the request to hold it again.

Rules: As far as rules I have left this up to the member holding the giveaway to set their own rules for their giveaways. I think this is only fair being they worked with developer to get the software product giveaway.

Winners: I have always random.org names and been fair on the contests. Many members who were found cheating with dual accounts have been banned.

Extra Licenses: As for extra licenses I have been keeping the unclaimed licenses for a future giveaway or put them in my monthly mega giveaway. I use to select winners and just send all the licenses out and realized about half of them never got to the winners due to fake or temporary emails used so started asking members to make a claim on their win. Several developers have asked me why they were not used and now have made their licenses expire a year after given away.

Developers: We have many developers joined on the forum but few react or come back. I believe many just join to see how the giveaway is going and to see all the links which guest do not see.

Forum Software: I have used mybb with a few issues but in most parts it works well for me. As far as investing in better software I have put a donation button on the blog and forum hoping some members would donate to improve but in the past 2 years have only had 3 donations so most expenses I already pay for out of my own pocket to keep this forum alive. I have even went to extremes to buy some licenses myself for a few of the popular giveaways where developers won't give licenses away.

Team Members: Anyone can be a team member if they choose and all are welcomed to join. It is alot of work to keep a forum live and I also find it hard to be here all the time. I am very thankful for the team members we do have and hope others will join.

Mike
We need to make blog a useful not just giveaway giveaway and giveaway, it should be like atech Website.
Where everything should be, security news, latest security breaches, tech info about mobile, PC, Laptop, best value hardware.

But for all these we have to give some permission to some active members, like login and post.
(07-11-2018 , 02:44 PM)Mohammad Wrote: We need to make blog a useful not just giveaway giveaway and giveaway, it should be like atech Website.
Where everything should be, security news, latest security breaches, tech info about mobile, PC, Laptop, best value hardware.

But for all these we have to give some permission to some active members, like login and post.

I can give blog permissions but nobody seems to be interested in writing. Like you're saying there is just an interest in nothing but giveaways.
This kind of work need a professional, not me and other normal users, and my eng is not good.

It is very serious work not like forum. A good professional user can make blog very famous and a frasher can drop the website reputation.
(07-11-2018 , 03:15 PM)Mohammad Wrote: This kind of work need a professional, not me and other normal users, and my eng is not good.

It is very serious work not like forum. A good professional user can make blog very famous and a frasher can drop the website reputation.

I myself am not a professional and sure don't have the time with having a full-time job.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Team update Mike 12 2,256 02-01-2023 , 09:07 AM
Last Post: Jeanjean
  Staff Team updates tarekma7 13 3,323 02-09-2021 , 05:59 PM
Last Post: Imran
  Staff members required...... tarekma7 7 2,592 02-08-2021 , 09:49 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Update My End as Staff Member (deathsmear) deathsmear 8 3,003 05-18-2019 , 12:07 AM
Last Post: Ultimo