Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser
(01-26-2016 , 01:17 AM)grr Wrote: Ahm...a question from my side as well

If I exchange my license for KIS, will my Outpost Firewall license be still isable, or it will be deactivated immediately or in near future?  :dodgy:

They say it will deactivate. Tarekma7 made a wise suggestion: we should ask Kaspersky for the validity of our exchanged licenses. As far as I know normal Kaspersky license is valid 4 years, in other words if one doesn`t activate it it will expire. If I`m wrong, somebody should correct me.
(01-26-2016 , 12:09 AM)guardian Wrote: I have emailed my good friend at Agnitum for clarification on this Outpost license exchange and KIS licenese activation deadlines
so that any confusion can be dismissed from differing news. I like Mike's reply from support and hopefully I get a similar response..

hi 
from my good friend at Agnitum

hi guardian

According to the migration offer, Kaspersky Internet Security license should be activated before February 17, 2016. After the migration procedure, user becomes a customer of Kaspersky and his/her Outpost license is blocked. As a license is terminated, user needs to uninstall Outpost.

Big Grin

(01-26-2016 , 11:24 AM)guardian Wrote:
(01-26-2016 , 12:09 AM)guardian Wrote: I have emailed my good friend at Agnitum for clarification on this Outpost license exchange and KIS licenese activation deadlines
so that any confusion can be dismissed from differing news. I like Mike's reply from support and hopefully I get a similar response..

hi 

hi guardian

According to the migration offer, Kaspersky Internet Security license should be activated before February 17, 2016. After the migration procedure, user becomes a customer of Kaspersky and his/her Outpost license is blocked. As a license is terminated, user needs to uninstall Outpost.

Big Grin

Thanks for the info guardian I will take my chances on keeping them unactivated and in my account for future use. 
(01-26-2016 , 11:55 AM)Mike Wrote:

hi 

hi guardian

Big Grin

Thanks for the info guardian I will take my chances on keeping them unactivated and in my account for future use. 

Mike, we should be very aware of the timeframe to keep the licenses unactivated. In other words, it is important to know when they expire.
(01-26-2016 , 12:05 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-26-2016 , 11:55 AM)Mike Wrote:

hi 

hi guardian

Big Grin

Mike, we should be very aware of the timeframe to keep the licenses unactivated. In other words, it is important to know when they expire.

I have contacted Kaspersky support on the migration offer and will wait for reply.
I contacted Kaspersky live chat and they told me the following when checking my license keys received from the Outpost license exchange.

Quote:This activation code was originally for the Russia region, however it also states that it's an international activation code, so there shouldn't be any time limit like our subscription that we officially sell.

In that case you don't have to worry about a time limit for activation. As long as it has never been activated, you'll be able to use it in the future. 
(01-26-2016 , 01:17 AM)grr Wrote: Ahm...a question from my side as well

If I exchange my license for KIS, will my Outpost Firewall license be still isable, or it will be deactivated immediately or in near future?  :dodgy:

After reading through the responses from Outpost & Kaspersky, I plan to keep existing license.