Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser
Quote:In December 2015 Yandex acquired Agnitum software technology. Agnitum’s R&D has provided security software solutions for over 15 years. These technologies will now be used to protect users of Yandex Browser.
As agreed by both parties, Agnitum’s software developers, quality engineers and virus analysts were offered an opportunity to join Yandex team and continue their work in St Petersburg office of Yandex.
Agnitum experience will contribute greatly to the development of Protect active security technology that ensures online safety for Yandex Browser users. Protect encompasses several technologies: ID theft protection, Secure Wi-Fi feature, suspicious site blocking and virus scanner.
Agnitum was established in 1999 in St Petersburg, Russia. It has been developing antivirus products, firewall, proactive protection technologies, web content and email filtering, intrusion prevention solutions.
Yandex Browser is available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux as well as iOS and Android-based devices. It’s integrated with other Yandex services and synchronizes across multiple devices. Browser’s key features include: Turbo mode for fast page loading, Smart Line that combines address and search bars, and Protect — the active user security technology. According to Liveinternet statistics, Yandex Browser holds the 2nd position in the rating of most popular desktop browsers in the Russian Internet segment.
Support and availability
As a result of the acquisition, Agnitum terminates direct and partner sales of the Outpost product line. However, the company continues to meet its commitments to existing customers. Agnitum will provide antivirus base updates, bug fixing and technical support until December 31, 2016.
To ensure further security of your computer, we encourage you to make use of a special offer. We offer all active Outpost license holders to exchange their Outpost licenses for Kaspersky Internet Security licenses free of charge. The migration offer is time limited. Visit the dedicated page to learn more about the migration program and exchange your license for free until January 31, 2016.

Quote:Agnitum has terminated sales of the Outpost product line. The technical support and antivirus database updates will be stopped by the end of 2016. In this regard, we encourage you to exchange active Outpost licenses for a license to Kaspersky Internet Security free of charge. You can exchange purchased licenses for Outpost Antivirus Pro, Outpost Personal Firewall Pro, Outpost Security Suite Pro, Outpost Network Security. Licenses for Outpost Firewall Free, Outpost Security Suite Free, Jammer and Tauscan are not eligible for the exchange. We suggest the following procedure for exchanging your license for free:

I just exchanged one of my licenses and got the following deal.

Quote:Your product license
OUTPOST FIREWALL
LICENSE TYPE Single
LICENSE: Lifetime

will be exchanged for
KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY
LICENSE EXPIRES IN 2 YEARS AFTER ACTIVATION
Sad news. Have been using Outpost Firewall for few years now.
So there's no real lifetime license for any software in fact!
(01-15-2016 , 08:33 AM)Geo Wrote: So there's no real lifetime license for any software in fact!

It depends on many things. It is safer to have 1 year licenses on hand. I have some for trading purposes.  Tongue
Lifetime license for 2 years....seems shorthanded if you were a longtime user of Outpost Firewall Pro. I for one am a longtime user of it and came to rely on it. I like it better than KIS firewall but then again it's just me  ;)

I heard the exchanged licenses must be activated before Jan 31st 2016. So you can't shelf it longer.
(01-25-2016 , 07:27 PM)Bjourne Wrote: Lifetime license for 2 years....seems shorthanded if you were a longtime user of Outpost Firewall Pro. I for one am a longtime user of it and came to rely on it. I like it better than KIS firewall but then again it's just me  ;)

I heard the exchanged licenses must be activated before Jan 31st 2016. So you can't shelf it longer.

I also maintained a license of that firewall that is excellent. Dr. web`s firewall is awesome, the same is Defense Wall personal firewall. Unfortunately, Spyshelter firewall gave me BSOD because of their driver in earlier versions (afwcore.sys).
(01-25-2016 , 07:33 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 07:27 PM)Bjourne Wrote: Lifetime license for 2 years....seems shorthanded if you were a longtime user of Outpost Firewall Pro. I for one am a longtime user of it and came to rely on it. I like it better than KIS firewall but then again it's just me  ;)

I also maintained a license of that firewall that is excellent. Dr. web`s firewall is awesome, the same is Defense Wall personal firewall. Unfortunately, Spyshelter firewall gave me BSOD because of their driver in earlier versions (afwcore.sys).

There are only 3 firewalls (Outpost / OA Premium / Comodo HIPS) that I used that can block a trigger-mechanism as I call it (program-triggering another program to launch --almost often the default web browsers). Has DefenseWall gone x64 now? I wasn't able to try it out then because it wasn't x64 ready. With EIS that same trigger-mechanism can't be prevented as the browser is whitelisted by default. In order to block that default browser launch you have to set a different browser as default and set that as "block". I tried to use NVT_Smart Object Blocker with EIS sometime ago and it complemented EIS. Default browser launch was also blocked. But NVT_Smart Object Blocker is still in beta and is currently in a slow roll.

With Outpost Firewall Pro you can just set it as block in the AntiLeak portion of th advanced setting. Easy!

Among the firewalls I liked are the defunct Online Armor Premium, Privatefirewall, Comodo and now soon to be defunct Outpost Firewall Pro(until Dec 2017). Might try out Dr.Web soon Smile
(01-25-2016 , 07:47 PM)Bjourne Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 07:33 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:

There are only 3 firewalls (Outpost / OA Premium / Comodo HIPS) that I used that can block a trigger-mechanism as I call it (program-triggering another program to launch --almost often the default web browsers). Has DefenseWall gone x64 now? I wasn't able to try it out then because it wasn't x64 ready. With EIS that same trigger-mechanism can't be prevented as the browser is whitelisted by default. In order to block that default browser launch you have to set a different browser as default and set that as "block". I tried to use NVT_Smart Object Blocker with EIS sometime ago and it complemented EIS. Default browser launch was also blocked. But NVT_Smart Object Blocker is still in beta and is currently in a slow roll.

With Outpost Firewall Pro you can just set it as block in the AntiLeak portion of th advanced setting. Easy!

Among the firewalls I liked are the defunct Online Armor Premium, Privatefirewall, Comodo and now soon to be defunct Outpost Firewall Pro(until Dec 2017). Might try out Dr.Web soon Smile

It`s very good Dr. web, better than Kaspersky, as for firewall at least. Defense wall is only for x32 (86) systems.

I wrote support and they said put the licenses in my Kaspersky account and they can be activated anytime.

The migration offer is time limited. Visit the dedicated page to learn more about the migration program and exchange your license for free until February 17, 2016.

hmmmm this above snippet was from a newsletter that Agnitum sent me today but on their site it says exchange and activate by..
Kaspersky Internet Security license should be activated before February 17, 2016.