Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
External Giveaways Rules changes
Hi All

We had posted rules before that external Giveaways posted on other forums or Websites that need registration are not allowed. Posts against this rule were deleted

We received many questions and suggestions from many of our members; so we have discussed this issue with staff members of Promo2day and decided to allow users to post any external Giveaways on any other site.  

One point is needed; you need to post the topic arranged with title, image, information about the program, homepage and link of the giveaway

I hope you enjoy your time in promo2day and have complete freedom to post and express your thoughts
I would like to add it would also be nice to include the rules as many external giveaways require you to be a member of their forum prior to the giveaway or have a quantity of posts to enter.
Thanks for that update, and a quick shout out to all the.."ModeratorS"..out here for giving all of us these great opportunities for gifts and promotions, and my personal favorite the giveaways. not trying to be a kiss ass at all but I do not think that members or even newly registered members ,as my self give the moderators the credit and thanks that they deserve for all the hard work and time spent to do this for all of us...  I am pretty knew here but, I am not new to the to forum world at least.. :]..... So a quick salute the MOD's for all the hard and dedicated work they do.. Cheers..    Peace Friends......
https://www.promo2day.com/showthread.php?tid=19550

Quote:Hi All

We have some troubles during the past few months, so it is time to add some rules for all

1. VPN is not ALLOWED on any of our giveaways. The only exception is that : It is clearly stated by the giveaway poster that it is allowed

Of course if you select to use VPN, it will be on your own risk, you may be disqaulified

2. Staff decisions are FINAL, you can ask or add notes in the feedback section here:

https://www.promo2day.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

3. Any aggressive or rude behaviour or insult will not be tolerated

4. We already have cooperation with some forums. 

It is not allowed to promote any other forum that need REGISTRATION except if you have permission from staff

5. External giveaways must be FREE with NO need to register EXCEPT the forums we cooperate with

6. Double topics or posts will be deleted with no prior notice

If your post is not following these rules it will be deleted with NO prior notice

Quote:These were the old rules, right, according to which dino's post were deleted...

It is not allowed to promote any other forum that need REGISTRATION except if you have permission from staff

5. External giveaways must be FREE with NO need to register EXCEPT the forums we cooperate with

How did my giveaways on MDL violate these rules. I am not asking anyone to register on MDL forum. Coz even if u register on MDL forum, and if u see the giveaway rules, only members that are already registered before the start of the giveaway can participate.
So no one is encouraging anyone to register as it would already be a waste, as even registering won't help u to participate in that already started giveaway.

And all the links and texts are visible for MDL giveaway threads...even non-registered members can read it... so again, there is no encouragement here to register..

And here new rules:- https://www.promo2day.com/showthread.php?tid=27388

Instead, this forum hides the links for unregistered members, asks them to register....

I and MDL forum never ask this... everything...links, texts are visible and even if u register, u can't participate coz the giveaway will already be underway.

So please explain me HOW.
Let me ask you one question, if the member do not register they can't participate am I right (regardless the giveaway started or not)? Do you even know why we don't allow such post at the first place? You might as well don't post it if member can't participate in such giveaway. If you don't like the rule then don't post simple as that.

Also,

"I am not asking anyone to register on MDL forum"

The giveaway already indirectly asking them to register. If you don't have such intention anyway (asking visitor to register of course), again, you might as well don't post it.

Your claim/statement totally contradict with your action is all I can say about you - it's not like I don't know what kind of attitude or what kind of member you are anyway ;)

Having say all that, the rules had now been revised and updated. So what your purpose of saying all that now?
(02-09-2019 , 07:38 PM)Cool Wrote: Let me ask you one question, if the member do not register they can't participate am I right (regardless the giveaway started or not)? Do you even know why we don't allow such post at the first place? You might as well don't post it if member can't participate in such giveaway. If you don't like the rule then don't post simple as that.

Also,

"I am not asking anyone to register on MDL forum"

The giveaway already indirectly ask them to register. If you don't have such intention anyway, again, you might as well don't post such giveaway here.

Hey. I didn't post anything. Dino posted it and he posted it for 2 reasons. First was because both of them were good enough giveaways and from well known developers who most of us know, and 2nd because he wanted y'all members who are already registered on MDL (which most of you are) to take advantage of this giveaway, and after watching that post of dino, many already registered members did went there and participated.... and also coz dino being a good friend, thought to help me out. I never ask anyone to promote any of my giveaways....If your own forum member does it, then at least you should respect that..
And if you can't even respect that, then at least you were not blind enough to see that the main admin Mike was happy to see those posts and he had commented positively on it. So without his consent, another admin just deletes it... coz rules and that too I proved weren't applicable in this case...
First respect your own admin and have some understanding among urself, then point to others.
You come out of nowhere talking all rude to me...If u can learn something from ur other admins, learn to talk decently with your members without always targeting or blaming them first....
(02-09-2019 , 07:38 PM)Cool Wrote: it's not like I don't know what kind of attitude or what kind of member you are anyway ;)

Having say all that, the rules had now been revised and updated. So what your purpose of saying all that now?
welcome dcrez version 2. Yes, I know it has been updated, but I needed to say what I thought..but wrong people just see it as an outrage.
"Hey. I didn't post anything. Dino posted it" - Doesn't matter who posted it same rules applies to all.

"he wanted y'all members who are already registered on MDL" - Make no sense if they are registered and active member of MDL they don't need to come here to know about such giveaway. I believe the reason of sharing such giveaway is to gain exposure to non- MDL member.

"And if you can't even respect that, then at least you were not blind enough to see that the main admin Mike was happy to see those posts and he had commented positively on it." - Mind to explain?

My previous statement is general it's applicable to all member what make you think it was rude?
Come on guys lets not argue about giveaway postings. We have decided to allow all external giveaway postings and just because they don't pertain to all our daily readers there are some longtime promo2day members here that are members at several other forums and they probably qualify to enter many of these external giveaways. I encourage all members to share external giveaways here and on social media because they help draw guests to our forum and if they like what they see here they might decide to join our community.
No one is arguing. Just sound like we own him an explanation I am trying to justify the rule change or even before the rule was changed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  External Giveaways , contests and Freebies tarekma7 7 8,394 08-23-2021 , 04:25 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  New Forum Rules (06/11/2017) tarekma7 0 13,815 11-06-2017 , 02:04 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  License Exchange Rules tarekma7 3 3,003 05-27-2017 , 01:04 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Member of the Month Rules Mike 4 3,118 03-07-2017 , 06:48 AM
Last Post: khanyash
  Reputation Rules Mike 0 2,133 05-31-2016 , 01:39 AM
Last Post: Mike