Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Question about original laptop software?
(05-12-2019 , 03:12 AM)tarekma7 Wrote: Sony Vaio

You can download from Sony website, based on laptop model.

Always keep an offline copy of drivers.

If you restore from the Restore partition that comes from  Sony it will install everything to the same state as a fresh laptop. Speaking from experience, as I have a Vaio too. Thumb
How can i get the restore partition?  the windows installed is windows 8 pro, i did clean install of windows 10 on new hard drive

I was asking about the software that is preinstalled in sony laptop as vaio care, vaio update, hardware diagnostics,......

Does it deserve to be reinstalled?
windows and drivers is enough, nothing more is needed. do not put programs that do nothing and spy on you
(05-15-2019 , 09:14 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: How can i get the restore partition?  the windows installed is windows 8 pro, i did clean install of windows 10 on new hard drive

I was asking about the software that is preinstalled in sony laptop as vaio care, vaio update, hardware diagnostics,......

Does it deserve to be reinstalled?

Do you have system image or recovery CD/DVDs from the windows 8 laptop? if no, then you cannot create the vaio recovery partition anymore.

Not all preinstalled VAIO apps are useful, as VAIO doesn't supports Windows10 officially, at least for my Model. So no point in installing VAIO Gate / Care and others, just skip them all.

VAIO Care is used to check hard disk & battery status/health, so if you really want try installing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Windows 10 Recovery Options? tarekma7 12 10,442 12-30-2019 , 02:44 PM
Last Post: berryjohnson
  Win 10 question? clyde 4 4,454 12-15-2018 , 10:32 PM
Last Post: tywyll2017
  Question on Windows 10 upgrade Bjourne 3 3,413 02-19-2016 , 06:16 AM
Last Post: Bjourne