Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Affiliate links
(11-24-2019 , 02:39 AM)divinenews12@gmail.com Wrote:
(11-24-2019 , 02:21 AM)Danielx64 Wrote: I ended up needing to send a PM because some cases it going to be boarder line if a link is breaking the rules or not.

Danielx64,

I would like to know of an instance when a link for personal financial gain is not against the rules or spirit of this place. ... Part of the greatness of this forum is that people help people unselfishly out of the kindness of their hearts.  This quality/rule is one of the things that makes this growing community exceptional online. If you discover you have found an exemption to this rule once you get a response to your PM, please post in on this thread, my forum friend.  Smile

"Like democracy, honesty above all virtues must be guarded against its adversaries." - E. M. Forster :idea:

My issue is that the 30% off the link that I posted could be mistaken as an affiliate link when I am not getting out of it.
(11-24-2019 , 05:12 AM)Danielx64 Wrote:
(11-24-2019 , 02:21 AM)Danielx64 Wrote: I ended up needing to send a PM because some cases it going to be boarder line if a link is breaking the rules or not.

Danielx64,

I would like to know of an instance when a link for personal financial gain is not against the rules or spirit of this place. ... Part of the greatness of this forum is that people help people unselfishly out of the kindness of their hearts.  This quality/rule is one of the things that makes this growing community exceptional online. If you discover you have found an exemption to this rule once you get a response to your PM, please post in on this thread, my forum friend.  Smile  

My issue is that the 30% off the link that I posted could be mistaken as an affiliate link when I am not getting out of it.

[Image: TcJowp3.jpg]

Thank you Daniel64 for this clarification. ... I see how this could be an issue that you wanted the forum Admin to understand.  
It speaks very well to your character that you would hurry to clear this up with the Admins at this time. Thumb 

I am sorry if I sounded like a self-righteous A#!..hole. ... Sometimes I get too fired up over an issue. ;)

(11-24-2019 , 05:42 AM)divinenews12@gmail.com Wrote:
(11-24-2019 , 05:12 AM)Danielx64 Wrote:

Danielx64,

[Image: TcJowp3.jpg]

Thank you Daniel64 for this clarification. ... I see how this could be an issue that you wanted the forum Admin to understand.  
It speaks very well to your character that you would hurry to clear this up with the Admins at this time. Thumb 

I am sorry if I sounded like a self-righteous A#!..hole. ... Sometimes I get too fired up over an issue. ;)

It's all good. My link was a affiliate but Mike was kind enough to let me keep it up based on the fact that I don't get anything out of it and it does look like a common link that anyone can get.
I have found many more affiliate links on the forum and these members will be banned if they are not removed in 24 hours. 

Mike
(11-25-2019 , 12:26 PM)Mike Wrote: I have found many more affiliate links on the forum and these members will be banned if they are not removed in 24 hours. 

Mike

Mike, i suggest to send a PM to that users notifying them on this issue as they might not be aware of.
Thanks buddy, I periodically publish on Shoutbox....
Should I remove all reflinks in Electronic Device Giveaways & Contests ?
I have no enough time, remove my posts please.
(11-25-2019 , 11:33 PM)tofana Wrote: Should I remove all reflinks in Electronic Device Giveaways & Contests ?

@tofana:  These are referral links to giveaways, it is different from affiliate links

No need to remove your posts. Referral links are OK
(11-25-2019 , 06:52 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(11-25-2019 , 12:26 PM)Mike Wrote: I have found many more affiliate links on the forum and these members will be banned if they are not removed in 24 hours. 

Mike

Mike, i suggest to send a PM to that users notifying them on this issue as they might not be aware of.

I have sent PM to user.
(11-25-2019 , 11:39 PM)tarekma7 Wrote:
(11-25-2019 , 11:33 PM)tofana Wrote: Should I remove all reflinks in Electronic Device Giveaways & Contests ?

@tofana:  These are referral links to giveaways, it is different from affiliate links

No need to remove your posts. Referral links are OK

Uff, ok. Thanks!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Referral links vs Affiliate links Mike 3 1,250 10-10-2021 , 11:48 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Registered links plugin deactivated Mike 0 1,981 01-20-2019 , 01:16 PM
  Registered Links Plugin Deactivated Mike 4 4,157 12-30-2018 , 03:36 AM