Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
How marrying for beauty made my friend a man of constant sorrow.
Secondary Music Link 
How to become a "Man of Constant Sorrow." - Dan Tyminski

This is a cautionary (but maybe funny) short story:
"Never marry a person just for their beauty."
My poor friend Bob got rich quick in high tech. ...Then, he had to have a "trophy wife" to show off to his friends.
He picked up a beautiful blonde woman, named Daisy Maze, who was hitch-hiking.
[Image: flowers-girl-dress.jpg]
They were married 3 days later in Vegas.

After they were married, Bob found out Daisy was totally obsessed with flowers.
[Image: flower-girl.jpg]
 Then her family, who he never met before the marriage, showed up for a visit, ... and have never left.
[Image: flowers-hippies-on-a-hippie-bus.jpg]

And finally, she demands that Bob let her pick out all his clothes.
[Image: flower-guy.jpg].
Daisy told me that Bob wakes up sweaty every night, screaming, "Rose-Bud."

Bob is currently under the psychiatric care of Daisy's family therapist and guru, Mahatma Buzzy.
[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-1.jpg]

Bob asked me to give all forum members some warnings: 
                                                                                                             (1.) Before you marry, make sure you meet your fiance's family first.
                                                                                                             (2.) If you ever get rich, never marry without an "iron-clad" pre-nuptial agreement.
                                                                                                             (3.) Never let your spouse pick out all your clothes - or your therapist.
                                                                                                             (4.) Never ever judge a book or a "Gold Digger" by its beautiful cover. Tongue  
And now, after much reflection,
Bob says this should be your goal in marriage:
[Image: RNvh4dr.png]
[Image: tumblr-4bbd123bae0d5080f5dcb911f06b9f7b-...b8-500.gif]
"Citizen Cain" (Orson Wells) loved my reference to "Rosebud" and Bob's last suggestion."
(My wife bet me very few of you have ever seen the movie, "Citizen Cain.")
Show this to your friends or children before they marry! Eek
Elijah G. Heart
*Now, do you want to know why you should also avoid crazy people? Wacko CLICK HERE 
[Image: I-wish-my-husband-was-hot.jpg]
Maybe some women also marry for looks ... or wish they hadTongue 
(*I once had a friend whose looks caused every woman to stand up and turned towards him whenever he first entered a room.
Then, I understood that such a thing as "animal magnetism" actually existed.  ... Never seen it since to this degree.
He was a great computer programmer, and a nice person but otherwise was as dumb as dirt.
Strangely, I was relieved he was not as intelligent as he was handsome. 
I felt he would have been a danger to all mankind. Big Grin )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My friend Hank said He knew how to make burgers that matter. divinenews 1 1,027 09-25-2020 , 09:01 PM
Last Post: Mike
  This truly is a "Man of Constant Sorrow" divinenews 0 1,027 10-05-2019 , 11:07 AM
Last Post: divinenews
  Drunk man's best friend: Loyal dog stops anyone from waking up its owner mrtrout 0 2,250 05-13-2018 , 08:46 PM
Last Post: mrtrout