Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Check VPN for DNS leak
[Image: d7c17fe4726f.png]
Check VPN for DNS leak

When connecting to sites, the DNS domain name system translates domain names into their corresponding IP addresses, this usually happens on the servers of your Internet service provider. In turn, when you use a VPN, your real IP is masked, which prevents outsiders from tracking your location.

But sometimes requests to translate a domain name into an IP address can leak through a VPN tunnel. Because of this, the IP address and location of your provider become visible to everyone.

To check if your VPN is leaking DNS, you need to go to dnsleaktest.com and click Extended test. If you see that your IP address, location and other data matches the data of your provider, then, alas, you have a DNS leak and a VPN service, it is advisable to change it.

With leaks, DNS does not mean your real IP address remains hidden. Only the data of your Internet provider is leaking. However, all this is enough to easily determine your real IP address.

Sasha, special for Promo2day.
Sasha,

I am using Windscribe Pro VPN. I went to dnsleaktest.com and did the extended test and got the following result:

107.150.31.66.static.quadranet.com.
QuadraNet
Atlanta, United States

Windscribe Pro VPN shows me that is their server's address is in Atlanta before I went to dnsleaktest.com. Are you saying that "bad actors" can tell from this info shown at dnsleaktest.com what my home computer's address really is in Tennessee?
Do you see your provider’s IP? If not, then everything is in order. I tested Germany servers, but I am not there. Right?