Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
WinRAR 5.90 Review and Giveaway
[Image: 3zCbGn1.png]

WinRAR is a Windows data compression tool that focuses on the RAR and ZIP data compression formats for all Windows users. It can also unpack most known file formats such as RAR, ZIP, ISO, CAB, 7ZIP and many more. Using WinRAR; you can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. 

The program is on top of archiving software category for more than 20 years. It is small in size, easy to use, offer many options, friendly user interface. No doubt it is one of the most popular applications with over 500 million users worldwide. It is the best way to compress files for efficient and secure file transfer, faster e-mail transmission and well organized data storage.

The program is compatible with Windows 10, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems. It is the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode.

WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode, this allows instant access to the basic archiving functions with a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use. 

Current version :  5.90

[Image: 4CCVBa5.png]

Download:

WinRAR 5.90 64-bit can be downloaded at:

https://www.win-rar.com/fileadmin/winrar...64-590.exe

WinRAR 5.90 32-bit can be downloaded at:

https://www.win-rar.com/fileadmin/winrar...rar590.exe

Multi Language Support:

WinRAR is available in over 40 languages 

System Requirements:

WinRAR is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Windows Vista. For all Android users, the RAR App is available on Google Play. The command line version of WinRAR is also available for Linux, FreeBSD and MAC OS X.

NEW Features in version 5.90:

With this release, WinRAR’s continual improvement provides users with a multi-functional, user-friendly compression and archiving software, with an intuitive interface featuring state-of-the-art options for downsizing, extracting, securing, restoring, repairing, sharing and managing files. 

WinRAR now takes advantage of the latest developments in the hardware market, such as processors with over 16 cores. It has been trimmed to use these additional cores for processing WinRAR compression tasks even faster than before. 

Also, there are performance enhancements in repairing damaged archives and improvements of the displayed file information within the WinRAR Graphical User Interface, which increases the overall usability and user-friendliness.

RAR Compression Speed Enhancements:

More and more multi-core CPUs with 16 or more cores are released and installed on users’ PCs, and with the new WinRAR 5.90 version, these CPU improvements can dramatically increase the RAR compression speed in such environments. 

This optimization of the RAR5 compression speed, with the normal and fastest method, will provide a higher ratio on all CPUs and work even faster on high-core-count CPUs with 16 or more cores. In addition, it increases the maximum number of used threads from 32 to 64. For command-line users, the -mt<threads> switch now accepts values of 1 to 64.

Wide Format Support:

WinRAR is the best choice for handling compressed formats such as RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, TAR, 7-zip and many more. To continue to support a wide range of compression formats, we have also added extraction support for GZIP archives with an optional header checksum field.

Usability Enhancements:

WinRAR now displays packed and unpacked folder sizes when browsing in the archive contents. Also, the user can now resize archiving and extraction progress windows and some other progress windows.

The repair feature of RAR5 archives with recovery records and without data shifts has been improved compared to previous versions. It is now possible to repair RAR5 archives with encrypted file names without providing a password, but the user still requires the password to open the repaired archive!

Multilingual support (more than 50 languages supported)  

Features: 

Supports all popular compression formats such as RAR, ZIP and non RAR archives including; CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip.

Combine files split to multiple parts with .001, .002, ... extensions. Open .001 file as a usual archive and then unpack its contents.

Integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.

Efficient, secure, fast and save disk space

Using solid archiving; it can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods

Helps you to split archives into separate volumes easily This is useful in many conditions as large sized files and save on several disks.

Accepted in all countries using Unicode

Helps you in fast email transmission and enables you to send many attached files

Support multimedia files: automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.

Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm optimized for text, audio, graphics

Shell Integration with support for drag and drop feature and wizard tool

Create self-extracting archives through the built in SFX tool

Available in two forms; graphic interactive interface and command line interface

Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives

Uses CRC32 and BLAKE2 checksums to check the integrity of each file in the archive

Backup your data

Supports encryption (256-bit password) to secure your files against unauthorized access

Small size

Easy to use with friendly user interface

Minimal system requirements

Compatible with windows 10

Available in both 32 and 64 versions

READ THE FULL REVIEW HERE

I would like to thank WinRAR team for sponsoring this exclusive giveaway

We have 5 lifetime licenses for the giveaway. 

Giveaway end:  May 13, 2020. Winners will be selected from valid entries using Random.org

These are perpetual, version limited licenses for the latest version WinRAR 5.90, which only include minor upgrades to WinRAR 5.9x, but work lifetime

Rules:

1. Reply about your experience with using WinRAR and what is your current archiving software [Mandatory]

2. Users, who wants to participate in the contest should need to become WinRAR fans at: http://www.facebook.com/winrar [Mandatory]

3. Share the giveaway on social media or other forums and addd the link in your reply  [Mandatory]

4. PM me within 3 days of winners announcement to claim your license

Data required from the winners for license generation:

Name (first/last name):

Street:

ZIP/City: 

E-Mail:

Good Luck for all!
Been using WinRAR for so long now.
It's a really good application for making archive files. I like it so much because it supports many formats. You can add and remove files from an archive. It can also make self extraction of files. Looking forward to win the contest and win a license. Thank you and regards.

Facebook
Been using WinRAR and 7-Zip, and not to mention, Windows' built-in File Explorer. WinRAR is very useful to open, edit, test or repair archives, especially .rar files.

Thanks to Tarekma and WinRAR team for this giveaway.

Share: Tweet
I've been using WinRar since I had a computer that means for 11 years. Progam has no equal. It is very fast and comfortable to use. It has many useful functions and tools, as well as the ability to change the appearance of the Toolbar. I can't imagine using my computer without this program because every day I have contact with the archives of rar, zip, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...7537503944
I think the WinRAR is the best software to deal with archives since I used all the archives software! But I am a student and can not afford it. I am using 7-zip now. I wish I can get one!
Facebook
Winrar have being accompany me for so many years .i will be great if u can win the lifetime license thanks 

facebook share
thankes giveaway

WinRAR now displays the size of packaged and unpacked folders as you browse the contents of the archive. Also, the user can now change the size of the progress windows and extract the progress windows.
https://www.download.hr/forum/threads/wi...way.19132/
Thank you for arranging the promotion and the opportunity to participate in it

I am currently using IZArc for archiving
WinRAR is simple to use and allows immediate access to all archiving functions that are built into the useful archive creator. For more demanding users who care about security, strong encryption of AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) archives with a 128-bit key has been prepared. It is also worth mentioning that the program allows you to create self-extracting and multi-part archives.

Twitter
W.inRAR towarzyszy mi od 15 lat na moich komputerach, które miałem Posiadam licencję na wersję 5.1, ale chciałbym zaktualizować program do wersji najnowszej.
P.ozdrawiam
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...1975029252
I've used WinRAR evaluation ver for while. It was great experience liked windows integration, sfx creation with High security, and most important for  me view comments and compression ratio of archives information only works in WinRAR perfectly. 
Currently I'm using 7zip for most task.
Twitter
Facebook

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Promo2day Contest Winrar V6.11 Review and 8x Lifetime Perpetual License Giveaway tarekma7 37 6,098 11-25-2022 , 11:30 AM
Last Post: vietnamrum
  Promo2day Contest WinRAR 6.10 Review and Giveaway tarekma7 28 5,408 02-25-2022 , 01:31 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Promo2day Contest WinRAR 6.0 Review and Giveaway tarekma7 41 14,333 02-21-2021 , 09:00 AM
Last Post: mjcn19
  Promo2day Contest WinRAR 5.80 Giveaway (7 Lifetime licenses) tarekma7 63 25,828 01-29-2020 , 11:24 AM
Last Post: Sasha