Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Help with the choice?
Help with the choice?  Faint

I currently have ESET. But there is an account on McAfee IS for almost 5 years. Should McAfee IS be delivered? Protection seems to be a good antivirus. For the average user.
Thanks for the recommendation.
eset much for secure when eset expire switch to McAfee
I'm just installing a McAfee IS to a friend. He has no problems. I’m just rolling my account on the stock.
Hi,

ESET is very good AV or IS, if you know how to configure it with advance level, ESET best for customisation with any corner for security, like network attack, hardware infected virus attack, even you comnitor every incoming and outgoing with each software you installed in you you machine, but man point is you know how to configure it. You could find every possible help in ESET forum.

McAfee IS also a good for average users and they do remote help for free till your AV licence is valid.

Regards

Mohammad
ESET is preferred for me
Thanks for the recommendation!

Why I asked this question. Because intel would not use MaAfee services otherwise. And many servers use its protection. And Norton /
(06-09-2020 , 07:08 PM)Igoreha Wrote: Thanks for the recommendation!

Why I asked this question. Because intel would not use MaAfee services otherwise. And many servers use its protection. And Norton /

My two pence worth...

Mc Afee, and Norton, i recall used to be very good AVs. Years ago...like about nearly 20 years back.
But, then they went and started "bloating" their products. Making it "fat and slow", and heavy on resources.
Both of them now, you can`t even uninstall. You need to download another removal tool, to uninstall them.

Eset a much better product. Does not take over your PC.
Many servers, Microsoft, use Norton, because it usually gets promoted with the servers.
Many much better end-point products out there than Norton. But, Norton has slowly been getting back up the ranks and is decent nowadays.

One advantage of Norton. Besides Eset Nod, is the only other AV that doesn`t give too many False Positives.
False positives...delete legit apps.

My advice, check updated reviews of Business AV / IS products.
PC World
TechRadar
Comparitech

Mc Afee is very seldom seen a s a decent business solution. Both Eset and Norton do well in this area.
My personal opinion...avoid Mc Afee. I would rather have no protection..haha

Problem is, an AV / IS is only a part of the solution. Its setting up Access Control and Security Policies etc, that is a lot more important. Esp for a server.
I used McAfee 3 years back, but it had created a lot of issues for me. Switched to Bitdefender and currently using it without any issues.
All the same, I installed my friend McAfee for 392 days. Didn't have a free internet account. I could not pass by. Big Grin

[Image: 2021-02-11_164555.1613051854.png]
Eset has been my choice for security for almost 5 years on my main machine.