Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Internet Download Manager Review and Giveaway
[Image: efaeeqb.png]

Homepage

https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Pricing

Please see as prices varies depending on your location.  https://secure.internetdownloadmanager.com/buy_idm.html

About internet download manager

Internet download manager is a program that makes downloading large files a breeze. It enables you to speed up your downloads as well as providing protection against common issues when downloading files. This includes internet being disconnected (regardless if the cause is local or remote), power outages, timeouts, corrupted files and more. 

Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.

[Image: sdWjmEt.png]

Simple installation wizard.

Quick and easy installation program will make necessary settings for you, and check your connection at the end to ensure trouble free installation of Internet Download Manager

Interface:

The main interface (shown below) is nice and clean. It has a dual pane interface where on the left-hand side you can select one of the many categories and on the right-hand side, it will shows the files that related to the selected option.

Main opening screen in both light and dark mode

[Image: dbbyqCm.png]

Customizable Interface:

You may choose the order, buttons, and columns to appear on the main IDM window. There are several different skins for the toolbar with different button styles. All skins can be downloaded from IDM home site. Also users can design their own skins.

Features list:

·        Start, pause and cancel downloads

·        Download media (videos and audio) files

·        Integration with many browsers

·        Speed up downloads by downloading parts of a file in parallel

·        Dark and light theme

·        Schedule downloads

·        Support many languages

Quick Update Feature:

Quick update may check for new versions of IDM and update IDM once per week. Quick updates feature lists all new features added to the latest version and asks a user if he wants to update IDM to the latest version.

Feature: Downloading files

Downloading files is simple. After clicking on a link that leads to a file that IDM supports downloading you will see a screen like the one below.

You can choose the location of where you want to download the file. There’s also a category feature that makes it easy to keep say video or audio files all in the same place. If the provided category is not what you are after, you can create additional ones (for example if you often download ISO files you can create a category to keep those files in one place).

Other options include if you want to download now or later.

Feature: Downloading media files and browser integration

Internet download manager can download videos and audio files from one of many supported sites. This is achieved by using a plugin that integrates internet download manager into your favourite browser.

As you can see, when you hover your mouse over a supported video you can click on download this video and you can select the video you want to download. Some sites offer videos in several bitrates. Again, after clicking on one of the options, you will see a screen like the one below.

Feature: Schedule downloads

Internet download manager includes a scheduler where you can create a list of files that you want to download and want to download later. There is useful if you are currently hot spotting on your mobile phone and want to wait till you get home to do your downloads or if you want to download your files while everyone is sleeping (and you don’t want to get up to start the download).

There is no shortage of options when it comes to schedule downloading as shown below:

[Image: SokjNLv.png]

For those with complex needs, you can have more than one download queue, great for those times where you may want to download certain files at different times of the day/week say large ISO or games files at night while you are sleeping and you want to download a bunch of smaller files during the day.

Internet Download Manager supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, audio and video content processing.

IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it's done.

Other features include multilingual support, zip preview, download categories, scheduler pro, sounds on different events, HTTPS support, queue processor, html help and tutorial, enhanced virus protection on download completion, progressive downloading with quotas (useful for connections that use some kind of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.), built-in download accelerator, and many others.

Version 6.38 adds Windows 10 compatibility, adds IDM download panel for web-players. It also features complete Windows 8.1 (Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista) support, page grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol support. The new version also adds improved integration for IE 11 and IE based browsers, redesigned and enhanced download engine, the unique advanced integration into all latest browsers, improved toolbar, and a wealth of other improvements and new features.

Automatic Antivirus checking:

Antivirus checking makes your downloads free from viruses and trojans. IDM can automatically run a scanner on download completion, like AdAware, Avast, Spybot, AVG Anti-Virus, McAfee, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, SpywareBlaster, CCleaner and others to protect users from harmful downloaded files.

IDM includes web site spider and grabber:

IDM downloads all required files that are specified with filters from web sites, for example all pictures from a web site, or subsets of web sites, or complete web sites for offline browsing. It's possible to schedule multiple grabber projects to run them once at a specified time, stop them at a specified time, or run periodically to synchronize changes.

Read the full review by Danielx64 HERE

Giveaway Details:

Number of licenses :  9 (1 reserved for the reviewer)

Validity of each license:  1 year

Giveaway Duration: Start:  July 25.....End:  August 28, 2020

Winners selection: Random.org

Rules:  If you want to win a license; simply Register and follow these simple rules

1. Reply here about IDM and your experience in using it

2. Share the giveaway on social media and other websites and add link here

3. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow on social media and you will never miss any of our giveaways and news

4. PM me within 3 days of winners announcement

Good Luck for all!
Giveaway is OPEN
I like idm bcoz of very organized and reliable downloading plus video link capture..
Twitter
i have being using IDM for years and it gives me lighting speed of downloading my files and stable auto resume which an added advantage if your connection is lost . 

https://www.facebook.com/johnny.ying.96/...1918996261
Thanks for the great software giveaway...
I like to have IDM because of in my experience,it has no competitor in the market yet...
Count me in please Tarek....

My Share : https://twitter.com/kaushmc/status/1287002694645940225
I need a IDM,
why?
you know,
it is the best,
I dont need to explain.
Consider me for Giveaway,
I would love you always.
Thanks for the review and giveaway!
I want to get an Internet Download Manager license for downloading files from the Internet.
I have previously used this program and note that it is the most convenient download Manager. This program has a high download speed, integrates into all major browsers, supports downloading interrupted downloads, and allows you to download video content from a large number of video hosting sites, and much more.

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
Thank you for the IDM giveaway! It is simply the best download manager and it downloads the videos the best. Other download managers show errors and have broken downloads but I never faced the issue with IDM. I would love to win the license! 
My share: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...2246377191
I love IDM i have used it in the past on win7 and win8 Internet Download Manager is Awesome Awesome program. Saved me on Downloading files at High speed i love this program. I even turned my best friend on to this program and he bought a key from IDM. I just wish that IDM would change the interface to slick look according to windows 10 and other apps you use still leave the classic IDM look and theme in an interface tab! So i would give this program 4 stars. It would get 5 star but the interface is just terrible looks like windows 98 or xp.

https://twitter.com/madscntist/status/12...3719837698
Thank you for the giveaway.