Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
WinRAR 5.91 Review and Giveaway
[Image: b9L9A2Y.png]

WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, open and unpack RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet, create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. You can try WinRAR before buy, its trial version is available in downloads.

Over 500 million users worldwide make WinRAR the world's most popular compression tool today.

There is no better way to compress files for efficient and secure file transfer, faster e-mail transmission and well organized data storage and also a solution for business.

Homepage: https://www.win-rar.com/

Pricing: Please see https://www.win-rar.com/ as there are single and multi-user licenses.

About WinRAR:

WinRAR is best known for its archival program. It can create and extract RAR and ZIP file while extracting from many other file formats. This is one of the oldest software today as it been around since 1992.

[Image: DcZMdqL.png]

Downloads:

https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?L=5

Features:

• Support creating and extracting RAR and ZIP files
• Supports extracting from many different files including CAB, LZH, TAR, GZ and TAR.GZ, BZ2 and TAR.BZ2, UUE, JAR (Java Archive), ISO (ISO9660 - CD image), 7Z and more
• Supports 32- and 64-bits versions of windows
• Has context menu in explorer for easy extractions and compressions of files
• Support themes
• Support many different languages
• Has versions for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and more
• Has security features such as encryption and recovery records for RAR files

Feature: 

Creating and extracting ZIP and RAR files

[Image: yFL7ECi.png]

The biggest feature of WinRAR is creating and extracting ZIP and RAR files. Doing this is extremely easy. There are 2 ways that you can do this, by using the main program interface as show below

Or you can use the context menu in windows explorer

[Image: D8NjpSm.png]

Regardless of the route you choose, there is no shortage of options when creating your ZIP or RAR file.

[Image: chDLiCC.png]

Extracting files from many different file types

[Image: tPYX7lz.png]

One of the nice features of WinRAR is that it can extract files from so many different formats. Files that you can extract from includes (but not limited to) including CAB, LZH, TAR, GZ and TAR.GZ, BZ2 and TAR.BZ2, UUE, JAR (Java Archive), ISO (ISO9660 - CD image), 7Z. There is a hidden feature that may or may not be widely known – you can extract exe archives. Yes that right, if you have an archive that is a compressed exe file that unpacks itself when you run it and you just want to extract one file out of it without unpacking everything and hunting around, you can do that. Also you can create self-extracting archives as well – great for when you are sending files to people who may not have WinRAR installed.

WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.

WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 256 bits.

WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.

WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.

WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.

Operating system support and language support

RAR and WinRAR are Windows 10 ™ compatible, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems (OS) and the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode.

WinRAR - What's new in the latest version:

Version 5.91

1. Dialogs are centered inside of WinRAR window similarly to WinRAR 5.80
      and not inside of entire screen as in WinRAR 5.90.

2. When editing an archived file with external software, extra measures
      are taken to reduce the probability of interfering with editor
      and opening its temporary files while editor still may need them.

3. "Version to extract" field in archive properties opened from
      Windows Explorer context menu provides the additional information
      about ZIP compression and encryption algorithms, such as LZMA or AES.
      This information was already available in WinRAR "Info" command,
      but missed in archive information accessible from Windows Explorer.

4. "MS DOS" and "Unix" host OS types are recognized and included
      for LZH archives in "Info" command. Previously the host OS field
      was always "Unknown" for LZH archive format.

5. Files created by external editor and matching "Settings/Viewer/
      Ignore modifications for" masks are never added to archive.
      Previously WinRAR still added them if some file not matching
      these masks was also created or modified.

6. Bugs fixed:

a) empty file names were displayed inside of some Unix LZH archives;

b) WinRAR could not process more than 999 7z volumes in a single set;

c) if user cancelled the user account control prompt after changing
        "Integrate WinRAR into shell" option, a new state of this option
        was displayed in "Settings" dialog, even though the actual state
        of shell integration was not modified;

d) the main window size could be too small on the first run after
        clean install with no previous WinRAR version present;

e) WinRAR could stop responding after editing an archived file
        with external software in Windows 10 version 2004.

Read the full review about WinRAR HERE

I would like to thank WinRAR Team for sponsoring this exclusive giveaway for the Promo2day Anniversary Celebration

Giveaway Details:

We have 10 Lifetime Perpetual Licenses for the giveaway.

Giveaway end:  August 28, 2020. 

Winners will be selected from valid entries using Random.org

These are perpetual, version limited licenses for the latest version WinRAR 5.91, which only include minor upgrades to WinRAR 5.9x, but work lifetime

Rules:

To have a chance to win a WinRAR license ;You must be a registered member here on Promo2day

Please follow these Simple rules:

1. Reply about your experience with using WinRAR and what is your current archiving software [Mandatory]

2. Users, who wants to participate in the contest should need to become WinRAR fans at: http://www.facebook.com/winrar [Mandatory]

3. Share the giveaway on social media and add the link in your reply  [Mandatory]. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, please share on another forum or website.

4. Subscribe to our newsletter RSS FeedBurner and get all the latest news, giveaways and contests delivered to you by email.

5. PM me within 3 days of winners announcement to claim your license

Data required from the winners for license generation:

Name (first/last name):

Street:

ZIP/City:

E-Mail:

Good Luck for all!
Thanks for another valuable giveaway.
I'm using WinRAR as my default compression tool for more than 10 years and my current version is 4.9xx...
Like to have a new version and it's new features. New GUI improvements are just awesome.
Lifetime License is Always plus point to any PC user.
Please count me in.....

My Share : https://twitter.com/kaushmc/status/1289088807359451136
Winrar is very usefull and reliable archiving software I've been using it older version.
Twitter share
Facebook Profile @sandeepacf
Twitter Profile @sandeepact
I've been using WinRAR as my default archive utility for the last 5 years. I really like it so much because I can make my own archives and set my own password for protection which is very nice. Thanks for the giveaway contest and really hope to win the contest.

Facebook
I'm using WinRAR as my default compression tool since MS-DOS 6,.2, it was good then and now it is fantastic.
Great UI, good compression rates and it has a repair tool.
Winrar fan
https://www.facebook.com/inacio.moreira....1596202838
My share
https://twitter.com/inaciomor2/status/12...1704047616
Thankyou for this offered i have been using Winrar.5.60 for quite a long time now.
I really would want to have this, hope the program is better coded to handle splitting big files.
I also really need it to extract sfx.exe, which Winrar handles it beautifully and also the iso file type.
I use only Winrar for archieving the files and folders; for almost 8-9 years.

Twitter
Facebook
A couple months ago I won a licence for this program in version 5.80 and I would like to update to the newest version of this program.

Below is my share link:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...7537503944
1-WinRAR is an essential tool in the field of data archiving and compression tools. A reference, to be discovered in trial version, which supports the vast majority of compression formats. Today impossible to work under windows without Winrar.
2-My current archiving software is free version of WinRAR 5.80.

https://twitter.com/SALAMA_Youssef_/stat...8383166465
Thank you for arranging the promotion and the opportunity to participate in it

I have IZARC but it would be good to have a better program for handling packed files and WinRAR is the best for it

Twitter
Why do I want to win this current license for WinRAR?

Because the license I am using now is for an older version and I want to have the most current version. 

... and because WinRAR is a time-proven and powerful compression tool beloved by critics across the internet. It allows the user to create, manage, and control archive files. This compression software offers a full list of quality ZIP features and supports a host of extraction formats. The user can compress files into RAR 5, RAR 4, and ZIP archive formats and can extract a number of different archives. WinRAR supports the extraction of several archive formats which in addition to RAR and ZIP, include RAR, ZIP, 7Z,  ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZ, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIPX and 001. WinRAR's most user-friendly aspects are the drag-and-drop feature and the Archive Wizard. WinRAR automatically detects the type of files you are compressing and adjusts the compression rate accordingly. ... I trust WinRAR to always do the job that needs to be done.

I have "liked" and "followed" WinRAR on Facebook.com (https://www.facebook.com/winrar) under my name, Elijah Gale, some time ago and nothing has changed. ... I am a true "fan" and user of this software. 

*Many thanks to the WinRAR team for sponsoring this contest, and to our great forum administrator, tarekma7, for putting this contest together for all of us. Thumb