Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Backup4all 8 Review and Giveaway
[Image: Rj1K99o.png]

What if you woke up one day to find that you lost precious photos of dear ones? How about losing your business documents, research and other important data? The answer is simple: Backup.

Backing-up is a crucial process that everyone should do in order to have a fail-safe, for when the inevitable happens. The principle is to make copies of particular data in order to use those copies for restoring the information if a failure occurs (a data loss event due to deletion, corruption, theft, viruses, etc.)

You can perform the backup manually by copying the data to a different location or automatically using a backup program. Backup4all is a feature-rich backup software that automatically protects your valuable data from total or partial loss. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to use for beginners, but also includes advanced features for power users. 

[Image: 0G8dtml.png]

With Backup4all you can easily backup to multiple destinations:

Local - back-up to local HDD or to DVD, CD, Blu-ray

External - back-up to external HDDs (USB/Firewire enclosures) or removable media (i.e. USB drives).

Network - back-up to network destinations

Remote - back-up to FTP, FTPS and SFTP

In the Cloud - back-up online to Google Drive & Cloud Storage, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Azure, BOX, Hidrive, Hubic and 37+ S3 Compatible cloud destinations.

[Image: LD4SX15.png]

Homepage:

https://www.backup4all.com/

Download:

Download a trial version now and use it for free for up to 30 days.

Current version:

https://www.backup4all.com/download.html

Download Previous Versions:

https://www.backup4all.com/previous-versions.html

Backup4all can be used for up to 30 days for FREE, with all features enabled. During the 30 days trial period, you have all the functionality of the installed edition. After 30 days, the program will no longer work, unless you purchase a license and activate it. 

Use the links below to download a trial for:

Backup4all 8 - This is the regular setup that can be installed on PCs only (no portable devices). It will allow you to choose which edition to test.

Backup4all Portable 8 - This is the portable version which can be installed only on portable devices (i.e. USB sticks).

Backup4all Monitor 1 - This is a new product that offers remote monitoring for backups and other actions done by Backup4all.

Version:            8.7.331   

Release date:  2020-07-08

[Image: ZOXSH6T.png]

System Requirements:

Backup4all is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003 (32/64-bits)

User Interface:

Intuitive and easy to use

[Image: iiHda52.png]

Supported languages:

Backup4all has its interface translated in several languages. This helps you use Backup4all as efficiently as possible, especially if English is not your native language.

There is no need to download a language pack or add-on as all the languages are included in the setup. Once installed, you can easily switch the interface to a different language. Just open Backup4all, go to File, Options, General and select your language from the Language section.

Features:

In ALL versions:

FREE BACKUP PLUGINS

You can load plugins for backing up or restoring specific programs' settings or other custom data (like game saves, email data, etc.).

SMART BACKUP TYPE

Backup4all employs a unique system that decides automatically what backup type to use in order to save the most file versions (within the same allotted storage space) on your destination and improve the backup speed.

STANDARD ZIP COMPRESSION

Backup4all creates standard ZIP files. This format is compatible with any zip utility currently available on the market. Unlike other backup programs, for zip files greater than 2 GB, Backup4all uses ZIP64 technology. This allows unlimited ZIP file size and also lets you encrypt your data using AES encryption (256-bits).

Backup4all shows messages when certain actions occur (i.e. when finishing a backup).

FILE AND FOLDER FILTERS

Powerful file and folder filtering engine with lots of options to filter by attribute, size, date, name and type).

AUTOMATIC UPDATES

Backup4all can now check for updates either manually or automatically at a scheduled date. This allows you to better stay in touch with the latest development of Backup4all.

BACKUP & RESTORE WIZARDS

Backup4all includes a step-by-step wizard with instructions to create a new backup job by selecting Where, What, How and When to backup.

BACKUP CATALOG FILE

Backup4all stores a summary snapshot of the file and folder information into a backup catalog file (".bkc") each time a backup runs.

BACK-UP LOCKED OR OPEN FILES

Backup4all uses the Volume Shadow Copy service that allows you to back up local open files from NTFS partitions. Now you can back up your emails and settings without closing Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or other email clients.

COMMAND LINE

A command line version of this backup application is available too and it will allow you run different operations using parameters. 

LOGS

The operations performed by Backup4all are logged. This allows you to see the status of performed operations (backup/test/cleanup/restore). A backup job/group History view is available too 

TEST OPERATIONS

The application tests the backups (using CRC32). This ensures that the files have been backed up properly and the backup is safe. 

Features in the Pro version only:

Cloud Backup:

Back-up your data in the cloud to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, BOX, Hidrive, Hubic, Google Cloud Storage and over 36 Amazon S3 Compatible cloud destinations (i.e. Backblaze, Cisco, Tiscali, Verizon). This way you benefit from the most powerful infrastructures for protecting your data online, while using the backup program you're used to.

TRUE INCREMENTALS

Backup4all can back-up using an incremental backup type. Incremental backup provides a faster method of backing up data than running full backups. During an incremental backup, only files changed since the most recent backup are included. Its advantage is that it takes the least time to complete.

BLOCK-LEVEL BACKUP

Block-level backup speeds up the backup process of large files as it only back-up the modified blocks of data instead of the entire file. As an example, if you have a backup job for a large Outlook profile, whenever you receive a new email Backup4all knows to back-up only the bits of data that modified rather than the whole PST.

MULTIPLE BACKUP TYPES

Backup4all offers four backup types to choose from: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and mirror backup. By default it uses a smart backup option to automatically chose which backup type to execute for optimizing backup speed and keep the most file versions possible without exceeding the allotted storage space.

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

You can configure Backup4all to send custom emails after a backup finished, with success, error and warning notifications (via SMTP or Gmail). Additional options allow you to attach the backup log file and send the email to several addresses. Backup4all also displays notifications in the Messages section when certain actions occur (i.e. when finishing a backup).

BUILT-IN SCHEDULER

You can easily set up a powerful scheduler using predefined (or custom) scheduling configurations to make unattended backups. This way you set the backup and forget about it. Backups can also be scheduled to run when the computer shuts down. You can also schedule restore operations.

ENCRYPTION

You can protect your ZIP files by setting a password for each backup job. Besides normal password protection, Backup4all also supports 128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit AES encryption. These numbers reflect the encryption key size used to encrypt the data - a higher key strength provides stronger encryption. Currently the 256-bit AES encryption is considered military-grade.

PROGRAM SECURITY

Backup4all offers an option to lock its interface so that when it starts you will need to provide a password in order to unlock it and be able to make changes to its settings. This way sensitive information is protected (i.e. server/email passwords).

MULTIPLE DESTINATIONS

You can store the backup Locally on the internal HDD, on another computer in the same LAN, on media such as CD/DVD, on external or removable drives and online to FTP/SFTP/Cloud

Types of backup supported by the program:

Backup4all performs all four backup types: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and mirror backup. It also employs an unique type (smart backup) that will decide when to use full, differential or incremental automatically. It also backs up blocks of data (true incremental backups) which means that for large files it will only back-up the small parts that changed in it since the last backup.

[Image: uHdC112.png]

READ THE FULL REVIEW by Tarek HERE

I would like to thank the Backup4all team for sponsoring this giveaway for the Promo2day Anniversary Celebration.

Giveaway Details:

Number of licenses: 20

Value of each license: $59.99 USD 

Giveaway ends: August 31, 2020

Winners selection: Random.org 

RULES              

To have a chance to win a Backup4all Professional 8 license You must be a registered member here on Promo2day

Please follow these Simple rules:

1. Share this Giveaway on Facebook or Twitter and Post the share link with your comment below.

2. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, please share on another forum or website.

3. Comment why you would like a license for Backup4all Professional 8.

4. Subscribe to our newsletter RSS FeedBurner and get all the latest news, giveaways and contests delivered to you by email.

5. Winners Selected must provide Mike email to where licenses should be sent shortly after the giveaway ends. 

Good Luck for ALL!
Thanks for the review and giveaway.
I want to get a license for Backup4all Professional 8 to backup files, folders, and disk partitions to various information carriers.
The program has the ability to back up data to cloud storage.

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
I need this to back up important files: documents, photos, audios, videos, software applications. Thanks for the giveaway contest and really hope to win a license.

Facebook
Backup4all is one of the best back up software around. I have used the lite version and its quite good, the pro version has some extra features which are quite useful.
Thanks for the giveaway.

https://twitter.com/jogs1jogs/status/129...9161396224
I am using the lite version of Backup4all , i would like to win a Pro license to access more features such as backup to cloud drives.

Twitter
Thanks for the good giveaway!

Thanks for the review!

I like a license for Backup4all Professional 8:

Backup4all protects my valuable data from partial or total loss by automating backup tasks, and password protecting and compressing it to save storage space. It also protects my data against online threats by allowing me to back-up my data to 40+ online destinations.
Backup4all Professional is a great solution for users looking for regular, reliable and even encrypted backups of data.

Twitter share
Thanks for the Giveaway !
Backup4all Pro is a backup software for Windows which can protect your valuable data from partial or total loss by backup tasks, password protectioon and compression to save storage space. There are four main backup types for PC users to select and store them in the cloud to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage and over 36 Amazon Compatible Cloud destinations.

Facebook sharing link :
https://www.facebook.com/kah.hak.3/posts...4897139562
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...0598351873
I have used Backup4all in the past and found it to be easy to use and reliable backup app and I like following features:-

Cloud Backup:
Back-up your data in the cloud to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, BOX, Hidrive, Hubic, Google Cloud Storage and over 36 Amazon S3 Compatible cloud destinations (i.e. Backblaze, Cisco, Tiscali, Verizon). 

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
You can configure Backup4all to send custom emails after a backup finished, with success, error and warning notifications (via SMTP or Gmail). Additional options allow you to attach the backup log file and send the email to several addresses. Backup4all also displays notifications in the Messages section when certain actions occur (i.e. when finishing a backup).

BUILT-IN SCHEDULER
You can easily set up a powerful scheduler using predefined (or custom) scheduling configurations to make unattended backups. This way you set the backup and forget about it. Backups can also be scheduled to run when the computer shuts down. You can also schedule restore operations.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...8795656209

Everyone needs a good backup program these days.I did get burnt in the past like this.
Backup4all can now check for updates either manually or automatically at a scheduled date. This allows you to better stay in touch with the latest development of Backup4all.
Congratulations and happy 5th anniversary to everyone here on Promo2day! It's been a privilege to be part of this awesome community Clap

Thanks a lot @Mike and Backup4all team for the opportunity to win a license for Backup4all Professional 8. I'd like to win a license for Backup4all Pro because it is a comprehensive backup solution which has an intuitive ribbon interface similar to Windows and greatly improved backup wizard for easy usage. What sets it apart from other backup applications are, it offers 5 backup options to different destination such as network and cloud support and backup files are kept secured using AES encryption and its backup integrity is ensured using CRC32 technology. Count me in please! Smile 

Facebook Share