Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Update
"Unable to access the update server"

This is what I see while trying to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware .

Any help would be appreciated !
1. try to login as "administrator"
2. Check your Firewall and antivirus settings

and try again
Hello,

Actually this is virus, i mean virus is blocking to connect update server of malwarebytes.
can i ask which antivirus you're using ? then i can help you in proper way.

Mohammad
Thanks everyone here for help !

I had tried re-install and then the problem solved !
Damn!!! I have the same problem as I speak. I have cleanly removed MBAM and reinstalled it properly I think around 3x now. To top that when Malicious Website protection is enabled I do not have internet! Damn fixes only points out to remove and re-install. Hell I even removed MBAM Premium last night and just used the freeware version which to my surprise updates fine! When I booted again I was surprised to see that my MBAM free became MBAM Premium again. Another round of no internet happened and cannot update because as stated "Cannot Connect to Update Server". Damn getting to my nerves so I installed NVT Exe Radar Pro at the moment and disabled Malicious Website protection.
Hello Welcome to Virus, Spyware, & Malware Removal Help

INSTRUCTION TO FIX IT.

1. Download Adw cleaner From here

2. Close all running applications.

3. Run Adwcleaner (Run as Admin) Accept the agreement and click Scan, it will take some time to complete the scan.

4. Once complete uncheck all those files which you don't want remove, then click "CLEAN"

5. your PC will Reboot, start all your security programs as usual.

6. Let me know if you still facing "unable to access update server"  Issue.

7. Download Combofix.exe and save it to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

8. Close all programs and disable your AV and also turn off the firewall of AV. HOW TO DISABLE ANTIVIRUS FIREWALL: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

9. When it will finish the scan, you will find combofix.txt here. C:\combofix.txt please submit that txt file as attachment.
I will also try that. I will image the disk first and then try that and see because yours might be a better solution. While I do not need the realtime protection of MBAM Premium (as I use as on-demand only) I still need to know what is the matter. Whether it is Avast Web Shield clashing with MBAMs Malicious Website Protection or what else...?
I will also try that. I will image the disk first and then try that and see because yours might be a better solution. While I do not need the realtime protection of MBAM Premium (as I use as on-demand only) I still need to know what is the matter. Whether it is Avast Web Shield clashing with MBAMs Malicious Website Protection or what else...? Thanks.
I suggest you to try Hitman PRO and/or Zemana AntiMalware, maybe these will help solving your problem.
(03-09-2016 , 09:28 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote: I suggest you to try Hitman PRO and/or Zemana AntiMalware, maybe these will help solving your problem.

@dinosaur,

Hmm scanned using Zemana AntiMalware Portable and there was nothing untoward there. See images below. 

[Image: c5PX77k.png]

I did a scan yesterday morning with HMP free (did not install it) but all it found was that my host file needs repair that it was telling me that it had an entry of "0.0.0.0". I am using MVPS Host file -- Updated February-08-2016 and checking the release notes it says there,

Quote:
Important Note: The HOSTS file now contains a change in the prefix in the HOSTS entries to "0.0.0.0" instead of the usual "127.0.0.1".
This was done to resolve a slowdown issue that occurs with the change Microsoft made in the "TCP loopback interface" in Win8.1.

This change in the prefix should not affect users. I've had some feedback that COMODO antivirus, Homer Webserver and System Mechanic seems to have issues with the "0.0.0.0" prefix ... to resolve this issue:

You can use the "Replace" function in Notepad to convert the entries, or HostsMan (see below) has an option for converting the entries from "0.0.0.0" to "127.0.0.1.

I think HMP needs to be added there. The issue is seen only in my Win 8.1 partition with Avast IS 2016 + MBAE + Keyscrambler Premium as realtime. My other dual-boot has Emsisoft IS ver11 + Keyscrambler Premium + MBAE no issues with MBAM not updating or no-internet when MBAM's Malicious Website Protection is enabled. If I disable Avast Web Shield all is okay with MBAM but still have no internet. If I disable "Malicious Website Protection" I have internet.

Strange!

Thanks Smile