Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Promo2day Contest Internet Download Manager Review and Giveaway
About Internet download manager

Internet download manager is a program that makes downloading large files a breeze. It enables you to speed up your downloads as well as providing protection against common issues when downloading files. This includes internet being disconnected (regardless if the cause is local or remote), power outages, timeouts, corrupted files and more. 

Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.

Simple installation wizard.

Quick and easy installation program will make necessary settings for you, and check your connection at the end to ensure trouble free installation of Internet Download Manager.

Interface:

The main interface (shown below) is nice and clean. It has a dual pane interface where on the left-hand side you can select one of the many categories and on the right-hand side, it will shows the files that related to the selected option.

Main opening screen in both light and dark mode

[Image: zApuFwZ.png]

Customizable Interface:

You may choose the order, buttons, and columns to appear on the main IDM window. There are several different skins for the toolbar with different button styles. All skins can be downloaded from IDM home site. Also users can design their own skins.

Features list:

Start, pause and cancel downloads

Download media (videos and audio) files

Integration with many browser

Speed up downloads by downloading parts of a file in parallel

Dark and light theme

Schedule downloads

Support many languages

[Image: q972TV1.png]

Quick Update Feature:

Quick update may check for new versions of IDM and update IDM once per week. Quick updates feature lists all new features added to the latest version and asks a user if he wants to update IDM to the latest version.

Feature: Downloading files

Downloading files is simple. After clicking on a link that leads to a file that IDM supports downloading you will see a screen like the one below.

You can choose the location of where you want to download the file. There’s also a category feature that makes it easy to keep say video or audio files all in the same place. If the provided category is not what you are after, you can create additional ones (for example if you often download ISO files you can create a category to keep those files in one place).

Other options include if you want to download now or later.

[Image: MleUAMS.png]

Feature: Downloading media files and browser integration

Internet download manager can download videos and audio files from one of many supported sites. This is achieved by using a plugin that integrates internet download manager into your favorite browser.

As you can see, when you hover your mouse over a supported video you can click on download this video and you can select the video you want to download. Some sites offer videos in several bitrates. Again, after clicking on one of the options, you will see a screen like the one below.

Feature: Schedule downloads

Internet download manager includes a scheduler where you can create a list of files that you want to download and want to download later. There is useful if you are currently hot spotting on your mobile phone and want to wait till you get home to do your downloads or if you want to download your files while everyone is sleeping (and you don’t want to get up to start the download).

There is no shortage of options when it comes to schedule downloading as shown below:

[Image: 32GZiW8.png]

large ISO or games files at night while you are sleeping and you want to download a bunch of smaller files during the day.

Internet Download Manager supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, audio and video content processing.

IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it’s done.

Other features include multilingual support, zip preview, download categories, scheduler pro, sounds on different events, HTTPS support, queue processor, html help and tutorial, enhanced virus protection on download completion, progressive downloading with quotas (useful for connections that use some kind of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.), built-in download accelerator, and many others.

Version 6.38 adds Windows 10 compatibility, adds IDM download panel for web-players. It also features complete Windows 8.1 (Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista) support, page grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol support. The new version also adds improved integration for IE 11 and IE based browsers, redesigned and enhanced download engine, the unique advanced integration into all latest browsers, improved toolbar, and a wealth of other improvements and new features.

[Image: OQSUeNH.png]

Automatic Antivirus checking:

Antivirus checking makes your downloads free from viruses and trojans. IDM can automatically run a scanner on download completion, like AdAware, Avast, Spybot, AVG Anti-Virus, McAfee, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, SpywareBlaster, CCleaner and others to protect users from harmful downloaded files.

IDM includes web site spider and grabber:

IDM downloads all required files that are specified with filters from web sites, for example all pictures from a web site, or subsets of web sites, or complete web sites for offline browsing. It’s possible to schedule multiple grabber projects to run them once at a specified time, stop them at a specified time, or run periodically to synchronize changes.

[Image: FAtdRwc.png]

Giveaway Details

Number of licenses :  6

Validity of each license:  1 year

Winners selection: Random.org

Rules:  If you want to win a license; simply Register and follow these simple rules

1. Reply here about IDM and your experience in using it

2. Share the giveaway on social media and other websites and add link here

3. PM me within 3 days of winners announcement

BUY

https://secure.internetdownloadmanager.com/buy_idm.html

Download

https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

Home

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Support

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/s…index.html

Giveaway Ends February 28/2021

Good luck
Brilliant downloader! Gold standard, and I would like to put it on my laptop Thumb
https://twitter.com/Six_SixSix/status/13...20416?s=20
thank you for this giveaway. i love idm because it help me to download even the locked video from website such as google drive easily which download option is disabled. the resume capability is flawless too.  please count me in.

https://twitter.com/niconic96615171/stat...1144892419
Been using it for years. It's my first download manager to ever used.
It never fails every time I download something from the Internet.
I want to win a license to update to the latest version for security reasons.
Thanks for the giveaway contest and hope to win a license.

Twitter
Thanks for the giveaway! Its the best download manager out there. Reliable, efficient, stable and constantly updated. It has never failed for me and can download videos from 99% of websites. My license will expire soon so I'd love to win a license and continue using it. 

My share: Facebook
Why would I want to win a license for Internet Download Manager?

Because Internet Download Manager (IDM) is regarded by experts, critics, users, and me as the best Download Manager available at this time and the past decade. ... and it is very fast. ... IDM can increase the download speed incredibly. I have heard and read that it can increase your download speed up to 5 times what you would get without using it.  The "resume" feature is fantastic in case you lose your online connection which tends to happen to me often with downloads that are large.

And, I want to win a license because IDM is simply the best and most user friendly file down-loader app that I have ever used, ... and I need it for my wife's computer. Big Grin

---> Other features of IDM that I like:
  1. "Automatic Antivirus checking" which is very important because many people with bad motives try to offer great downloads that include malware (viruses, trojans ...) that will ruin or capture your operating system.
  2. IDM offers plugin that integrates internet download manager into my favorite browsers.
  3. IDM is lightweight on system resources.

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Thank you ahmadkhaje for putting together this contest for our forum. Your great reputation for being generous online precedes you. Clap
Thanks for the giveaway! 
IDM is the best download manager on the planet for me....
I'd love to win a license
Please count me in ....

My share: https://twitter.com/kaushmc/status/1357710289404362752
IDM is one of the best if it's not the best download manager currently available in the market there is no doubt about it with plenty of awesome features and high combability. Only drawback is that it cannot be installed on linux for my chromebook otherwise it would be perfect.

thanks for the giveaway and good job on the review. Thumb

Twitter
Thanks for the great software giveaway...

I've been using Internet Download Manager  for so long to download different files like audio, video and software application.
what a perfect giveaway it isn't a coincidence that i am also looking for a download manager at this moment. i hope to win it and manage all my download beside i love its download grabber that let me download any video content from any site easily.

Internet Download Manager is the best and fastest download tool.
To speed up your downloads, Internet Download Manager has an intelligent logical download accelerator and secure multi-page downloads. It uses full bandwidth when downloading. Has significant advantages over similar programs, provides a reliable stable connection when downloading from the Internet.

[Image: YRN2W8G.jpg]

https://twitter.com/SALAMA_Youssef_/status/1357731803314987010
(02-05-2021 , 02:53 PM)divinenews Wrote:
Why would I want to win a license for Internet Download Manager?

Because Internet Download Manager (IDM) is regarded by experts, critics, users, and me as the best Download Manager available at this time and the past decade. ... and it is very fast. ... IDM can increase the download speed incredibly. I have heard and read that it can increase your download speed up to 5 times what you would get without using it.  The "resume" feature is fantastic in case you lose your online connection which tends to happen to me often with downloads that are large.

And, I want to win a license because IDM is simply the best and most user friendly file down-loader app that I have ever used, ... and I need it for my wife's computer. Big Grin

---> Other features of IDM that I like:
  1. "Automatic Antivirus checking" which is very important because many "bad actors" try to offer great downloads that include malware (viruses, trojans ...) that will ruin or capture your operating system.
  2. IDM offers plugin that integrates internet download manager into my favorite browsers.
  3. IDM is lightweight on system resources.

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Thank you ahmadkhaje for putting together this contest for our forum. Your great reputation for being generous online precedes you. Clap

"bad actors"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal Giveaway [Promo2day Christmas & New Year Giveaway] 1 x Internet Download Manager-Lifetime ! ahmed 51 13,302 01-15-2021 , 06:15 PM
Last Post: ahmed
  2 X Internet Download Manager - Annual Licenses tarekma7 47 15,212 05-16-2020 , 01:06 PM
Last Post: clyde
  Personal Giveaway [Promo2day Christmas & New Year Giveaway] 2 x Internet Download Manager-Lifetime ! ahmed 57 17,701 01-14-2020 , 11:47 PM
Last Post: grr
  Personal Giveaway 1 x Internet Download Manager [Lifetime license-Giveaway 4] ahmed 47 14,426 12-05-2019 , 12:47 PM
Last Post: link77
  Personal Giveaway 1 x Internet Download Manager [Lifetime license-Giveaway 3] ahmed 52 17,672 11-04-2019 , 11:50 PM
Last Post: ImnotwiththeFBI