Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Get Cool Screensavers using Cross Platform Program: Before Dawn
Before Dawn is a an open-source, cross-platform screensaver application using web-based technologies. You can generate screensavers with it using HTML/CSS, javascript, canvas, and any tools that rely on those technologies. In theory, generating a Before Dawn screensaver is as simple as writing an HTML page.

The project developed out of a personal project to explore the history of early screensavers. I decided that I wanted to write a framework that I could use to actually run screensavers on my computer. I wanted it to be cross-platform and easily accessible to artists and developers.

Before Dawn is definitely a bit of a experiment -- to actually use it, you need to run it as a separate application on your computer and disable whatever screensaver you have running in your OS, but it is fun and definitely works.

The core of the app is built on Electron, a system that allows you to build desktop applications that run on node.js and are rendered via Chrome.

There's about a dozen screensavers right now, with more on the way. Here's the Flying Emoji screensaver:

[Image: prefs.png]

[Image: Before-Dawn-photo-screensavers.jpg]

Homepage:
https://github.com/muffinista/before-dawn

source

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meltytech, LLC. Shotcut [Free, Open Source, Cross-Platform Video Editor] giveaway_junkie 1 2,926 09-04-2016 , 05:42 PM
Last Post: yoyo