Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Malwarebytes Secure Backup to be discontinued
Quote:Sad News: Malwarebytes Secure Backup to be discontinued

Malwarebytes has chosen to discontinue sale of Malwarebytes Secure Backup subscriptions, effective June 1, 2015. This affects existing Malwarebytes Secure Backup subscribers like you. While this is not an easy decision to make, we have determined that focusing on the continued evolution of our award-winning security products is in the best interests of both Malwarebytes and our customers.

Good News: continue with our award-winning partner, SOS Online Backup
  • Unlimited Cloud Storage Space
  • 24/7 Live Support
  • 3 mounth period for free

Still not sure? A few more details to help out:
  • All your data will be at the same place
  • Same interface for all products
  • Same account balance
  • No need to re-upload your data, or reinstall applications
  • Trained support ready for give you details

SOURCE

Quote: Your Malwarebytes Secure Backup subscription is expiring soon. Here’s what you need to know.
I also have a subscription to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. How is that affected by this change?
There is no effect on subscriptions which you may have for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium. Those subscriptions will continue without interruption.
Can I transfer my account from Malwarebytes to SOS Online Backup?
Yes. Malwarebytes Secure Backup has always been a partnership between Malwarebytes and SOS. Go here to begin the transfer process.
Please make sure that you specify your name as it is listed on your Malwarebytes Secure Backup account.
Do I have to transfer my account to SOS Online Backup?
No! We offer that option to you so that your data and your backup strategy can remain relatively unchanged. The choice is yours!
Are there differences between a Malwarebytes Secure Backup account and a SOS Online Backup account?
There are several differences between the two accounts. Here’s a list of those differences:
  • Once transferred, the account will be administered by SOS.
  • Future subscription payments will be made to SOS.
  • If you need technical support, that will also be provided by SOS.
  • You will need to upgrade your client software to the version that is supported by SOS. You will find out more about that after you transfer your account to SOS.
  • Most importantly, data will no longer be scanned by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium as part of backup or restore processes.
What happens to my data if I don’t transfer to SOS Online Backup?
If you have data still present on our servers, you have 30 days to delete or download that data. After 30 days, your data may be overwritten as needed by Malwarebytes.
Have questions? We have answers in our End of Life FAQ here.
We hope that Malwarebytes Secure Backup has been of value to you, and we thank you for your understanding and support!
Thank you,
- The Malwarebytes Team
Thanks Mike for the post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Features Removed and Discontinued in Windows 10 April 2018 Update tarekma7 0 2,266 05-02-2018 , 12:13 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Windows Media Center Discontinued in Windows 10 - These are the Top 5 Alternatives tarekma7 1 4,087 01-13-2016 , 08:37 PM
Last Post: Jeremy