Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 Bug
I have a very strange problem with Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
This is the first time it occurs with me

I cannot access my portable Huawei router homepage from my laptop
I can access it from any other device (PC, Mobile...)

I tried all solutions available up to reset my router, the problem is the same : Router homepage is not accessible

I have KIS 16.0.0.614e

I tried to stop all Kaspersky security but same problem

Add router Homepage and explorers to trusted zone and exclusions: same problem

After a lot of search on the internet : it was KASPERSKY BUG! mostly after update

The only solution is : Change IP gateway of the router!!!! and restart (for example:
192.168.0.1  change to 192.168.x.1)

and this solution s from Kaspersky forum as many users are complaining of similar problem!

The problem take a lot of effort to know the cause so I put the solution here if anyone has similar problem
tarekma7, if I remember well from the time when I was a user of KIS, you can rollback any updates applied in order to remove the update that caused the problem until they solve the issue. So, you could try this workaround.

I uninstalled KIS back in 2015 after an update that caused me a total internet block, practically I could not connect to internet anymore. I considered that unacceptable for a respectable internet suite.
but how can I remove the latest update? (from 16.0.0.614 D to E)

once I am online again it will be updated automatically or even manually

and if uninstall and reinstall the same version updated will be installed again?
I suggest you to try to contact their support if you succeed it cause i hadn't had that patience to do it, being not very easy. Or, as you said, waste a lot of time searching on the internet for a solution.  :huh:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Security Bulletins For March 2016 tarekma7 0 1,731 03-09-2016 , 11:25 AM
Last Post: tarekma7