Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Contest O&O Defrag 25 Professional: Get maximum performance for your PC
[Image: 5RJCxb5.png]

There is nothing worse than when you want to do something on your PC and your computer is running slow. A disk defragmenter used regularly can speed up a PC of any age and get it working like new again!

Don’t let a slow computer spoil your work or fun! Let O&O Defrag optimize your hard disks and – New! – SSDs and you can experience speed increases of up to 100%! Regular disk defragmentation optimizes your PC performance!

When you defragment, the files that Windows splits up when saving documents across the hard disk or SSD are put back in order again so that files can be quickly recognized and found by the SSD or the read and write heads inside your HDD. Speed increases of up to 100% are not uncommon, and your hardware suffers much less wear and tear!

[Image: pPLrCUm.png?1]

Homepage:

https://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodefrag

Download:

https://www.oo-software.com/en/download/...odefragpro

Professional Edition, Build 25.0.7210, 25.54 MB, English version

System Requirements

Supported systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 64-bit versions

Pricing:

A single O&O Defrag 25 license costs 29.95 USD. A license valid for use on up to 5 computers costs 49.90 USD.

Compare the editions:

Professional, workstation and server

https://www.oo-software.com/en/products/...comparison

User interface: 

The O&O Defrag user interface went through a general overhaul to make the intuitive use even easier.

Online full guide:

https://docs.oo-software.com/en/oodefrag-25

Product features:

“Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The programselects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system

SOLID/Quick: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD, such as erasing the free space. This method is gentler and faster.

SOLID/Complete: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD.

ClusterView with SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one.

Fragment Filter to identify the most fragmented files on a drive

O&O DiskCleaner

Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization

Easy-to-Use: Ideal for Beginners and Professionals

Even faster system and program starts

Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%

Defragmentation of locked files

Lifetime Performance Statistics

Optimizing systems with Thin Provisioning

Supports 64 bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

If you spend a lot of time on your PC, slow system and program starts or system crashes while playing can be very frustrating. Periodic defragmentation often works wonders in bringing new life to a PC.

Start:

[Image: DBeqCmm.png]

SOLID method

By customer request, O&O Software has developed the defragmentation method SOLID in order to offer the user a choice adapted to his or her needs: SOLID/Complete and SOLID/Quick. Both methods sustainably extend the life of the SSD but differ in terms of the duration and protection of the hardware.

[Image: UYpHN64.png]

O&O Defrag: The STEALTH and SPACE defragmentation methods have been further optimized for the fastest possible defragmentation, while the COMPLETE methods allow for a more complete defragmentation. This of course, requires more time and memory. The optimal utilization of existing storage space also prevents any new fragmentation. All methods can be applied to any drive, including Volume and Stripe Sets, and of course guarantee maximum reliability.

Block view of SSDs: to visualize the difference between saving data on an SSD and a hard disk, the block view illustrates the logical construction of an SSD.

Statistics: O&O Defrag provides information about the number of files and folders that were defragmented as well as the number of Bytes that were moved in the process (so-called Terabytes Written-TBW). This information is needed for a number of reasons, for instance, the guarantee on an SSD.

O&O DiskCleaner

The brand new in-built O&O DiskCleaner searches for and removes temporary and unnecessary files that are taking up memory and increasing fragmentation. O&O DiskCleaner also increases the security of your data, as private content (e.g. Thumbs.db, copies of documents, drafts of emails, Dumps) will no longer be kept as copies in unnecessary system files.

Supporting vertical contrast modes: The current version has improved the high contrast mode to facilitate recognizing objects on the screen.

Variable DPI settings: O&O Defrag adapts optimally to the selected DPI setting.

Shorter defragmentation times: 

With O&O Defrag, several drives can be defragmented simultaneously. In addition, the algorithms have been substantially accelerated, reducing the time
required for a defragmentation by up to 35%.

Automatic background defragmentation:

Automatic defragmentation can be configured with just three clicks and optimizes your disks behind the scenes with no negative impact on your computer’s performance. You can set O&O Defrag to run defragmentation at a certain level of fragmentation, on particular days of the week, or whenever your screensaver is being used. Defragmentation can be paused and resumed whenever you want because O&O Defrag automatically recognizes where defragmentation was interrupted.

Optimizing virtual machines (VMs) und Storage Area Networks: 

O&O Defrag optimizes the actual memory allocation for virtual machines and SANs. O&O Defrag is especially useful for the host system of VMs to place the virtual storage areas that are created in the file optimally.

Evaluation and analysis: 

Whenever the program is started, a manual analysis of all drives can be made and the level of fragmentation for each drive is displayed. It is also possible to display the most heavily fragmented files as well as the physical location of fragmented files on the hard disk. A dynamic block view appears during defragmentation and with the help of a before and after view, the user can get a total picture of the system’s optimization.

History: 

O&O Defrag has clear graphics that display which defrag action has led to which optimization success. 

Power management for Netbooks and Notebooks: 

As soon as mobile systems such as Notebooks or Netbooks are no longer connected to external power sources, the defragmentation is interrupted so that the full battery power is available for mobile workers.

Zone filing on drives: 

A logical separation of data into performance-critical and non-critical files is conducted through an alternative setting which divides drives into so-called zones. Files are sorted based on their use and access frequency and moved into appropriate zones. For example, system and program files that need to be accessed very quickly are separated from other data such as documents and downloads. Fragmentation is prevented intelligently through the separation of files written rarely or frequently. This logical arrangement not only shortens the duration of the system or program start, but also prevents fragmentation of program files from ever occurring.

Automatic update: 

O&O Defrag automatically checks if newer program versions are available and so can guarantee that defragmentation is always done using the latest technology.

Benefits of a clearly laid out hard disk

Whenever it saves data, Windows scatters file fragments all over the hard disk and this slows down access times considerably. Defragmentation reverses this by rearranging data and speeding up access times dramatically. This not only saves the user time, it also reduces wear on hard disks and extends their life expectancy. Defragmentation can even make the difference if you lose important data because chances of full recovery are better on a defragmented disk. Why? After defragmentation, it’s easier for data recovery software such as O&O DiskRecovery to restore files when they’re not scattered across multiple areas of a hard disk.

[Image: pXQYFbR.png]

Recommended use

We recommend manual defragmentation for PCs that are being used heavily because only a user can decide when the time is right to give up the performance needed for running defragmentation. On computers using video editing or graphics applications, O&O Defrag can be configured to not start automatic optimization while certain programs are running. The default settings in O&O Defrag are more than adequate for ordinary desktop PCs running mainly internet or office applications. O&O Defrag is also perfect for notebooks. Whenever an external power supply is disconnected, O&O Defrag automatically goes into pause mode to save energy

Technological guarantee: fully functional under Windows 11

O&O Software guarantees that its top products will be fully functional with the final version of the new Windows 11. This means that all these products will be either directly usable under Windows 11 upon their release or a compatible version will be made available. This operability will be ensured by either low-cost upgrades or, in the case of minor upgrades (smaller version changes such as from 25.0 to 25.5), provided free of charge.

Extra features:

[Image: 55L7Ryt.png]

New features:

Notification of your PCs health status with S.M.A.R.T. functionality:

O&O Defrag 25 the S.M.A.R.T. functionality has been integrated for the very first time. This indicates the “health status” of hard disks, SSDs and RAIDs whenever there is any problem. Such a problem could be a high temperature or an error reported by the drive itself. If there is anything unusual going on, a message will be displayed in the Windows Action Center. This functionality notifies users of any problems and gives early warning about any impending crash of a disk.

Drive activity display in the Windows taskbar:

In the new O&O Defrag version, read and write accesses on the computer will be more visible. Users can see have the read and write operations currently being run on any drive displayed in the taskbar. A search on the respective drive can be started by right-clicking.

Revamped Design and Displays

O&O Defrag supports Windows Compact OS: Many new things have been added to the O&O Defrag engine that make using it, especially under Windows 10, even better. That‘s why version 25 now supports the Windows 10-integrated feature for compressing system files so that more space can be kept free.

“Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The program selects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system.

Conclusion:

The new O&O Defrag 25 is O&O’s best clean-up program yet. Only a professionally tidy and organized hard drive or SSD can be fast and live even longer. O&O Defrag was designed to fit the needs of almost any user. The default settings for O&O Defrag are already optimally configured for most computers. It will help Optimization, Health Check for all Disks and speed up of your computer
I would like to thank O&O Team for sponsoring this exclusive giveaway for Promo2day users and visitors

We have 5 Lifetime Perpetual Licenses in this contest

Giveaway end after 3 weeks

Rules:

To have a chance to win a free license for O&O Defrag 25, please follow these simple rules:

1. You must be a Registered member in the Promo2day forum.

2. Do you use Defragmentation software and why you would like to win a license for O&O Defrag 25 

3. Share the giveaway on your social media or other websites and add the link with your comment. 

4. [OPTIONAL] Subscribe to our newsletter and get all the giveaways emailed to you.

Good Luck to all!
Giveaway is OPEN
Since then, I just used the conventional and built-in Windows Defrag Program to optimize my PC's system for better performance.
I want to win a license of O&O Defrag 25 and use it to defrag and optimize my PC. Thank you for the great giveaway contest.

Twitter
I used old versions. The new version will expire in a few days. I use it because I think it's more useful than Microsoft's default defragmentation app.

Thank you. Good luck everyone.

Twitter
Thanks for the giveaway, I am currently using Smart Defrag 7, i would like to try O&O Defrag 25 to see if it is any better.

Twitter
Since I have SD disks I gave up defregement.

O & o Defrag 25 has the function of defregement of SD disks and therefore I want to try it. 

https://twitter.com/jan131naj/status/778...63809?s=20
Thanks, for the contest, O&O Defrag 25 is suitable to use as default hard drive optimization tool and much better than Windows tool itself, it can help to optimize my hard drives including SSD thus Prolonging the life of  hardwares. Install & That's All Smile

Share Link
Do you use Defragmentation software?

Yes, Currently I am using BoostSpeed Free.

Why you would like to win a license for O&O Defrag 25?

I want to increase my laptop performance with O&O Defrag 25 Professional which is the best disk defragmenter program.
O&O Defrag 25 added  S.M.A.R.T function feature in version 25 to check overall performance that includes hard disk
health status, rise in HDD temperature, HDD errors and report any unusual activity. This program selects best defragmentation
method for your PC.

Features like SOLID method, O&O DiskCleaner, Automatic background defragmentation, Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
Defragmentation of locked files, Lifetime Performance Statistics, Supports Windows 10 64 bit are really great.

Facebook
Thanks for the giveaway

I currently do not use Defragmentation software apart from Windows System but would like to use O&O Defrag 25. 

I would like to win a license for O&O Defrag 25

O&O Defrag 25 is certainly one of the best. Its simplicity and effectiveness make it ideal for novice users.

O&O Defrag 25 is a powerful and highly configurable hard drive defragmentation package. but also automatically optimise hard drive in real time to prevent them from reoccurring in the future

Twitter Share