Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Firmware 2.11.140 Is Available for WD My Cloud Personal Storages - Get It Now
The release improves the devices’ analytics logging support

Western Digital has managed to release a new firmware package targeted at several of its My Cloud personal storages, namely version 2.11.140, which improves the units’ analytics logging support and fan control and also adds some bug fixes.

Specifically speaking, certain models receive workarounds for the USB backup failure issue, as well as for the iSCSI LUN size that was limited to 3 digits (sometimes causing a failure when creating a 1.5TB size).

In terms of supported NAS models, this release is suitable for Western Digital’s My Cloud Personal Cloud, Mirror Gen2, EX4, DL4100, DL2100, EX4100, and EX2100 devices. Do not try to upgrade other storages as this can lead to malfunctions.

When it comes to installation, simply save and unzip the appropriate archive on your desktop, go to Dashboard UI > Settings > Firmware Update > Manual Update > Update from File, and browse and select the extracted .bin file.

Before moving forward, make sure to stop all programs and processes that might interfere with the installation, as well as back up all of your important data. Also, do not rename the firmware file or interrupt the upgrade as this can render the device unable to boot.

Now agree with the next dialog windows and allow the My Cloud unit to perform the upgrade. The process should take a few minutes, and upon completion, the device will automatically reboot.

With this in mind, download WD My Cloud NAS Firmware 2.11.140 for your specific device(s), take into account all aforementioned aspects, and enjoy your newly improved storage. Also, check back with us as often as possible to stay “updated one minute ago.”

Source

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dell Needs to Know If You Want to Upgrade the Firmware from Linux Systems tarekma7 0 2,719 02-11-2016 , 07:13 PM
Last Post: tarekma7