Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Windows 10 Tips and Tricks - Giveaway of Windows 10 Related Software
EaseUS Software is holding a Windows 10 Campaign in whole July. In this campaign, you will get useful tips related to upgrading or not upgrading to Windows 10 system. People with same interests and concerns will gather together and exchange thoughts. What's more, you can free to get EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro, with which you will be able to transfer system/data/applications on your PC to anywhere you like. Other useful software from the world’s best vendors will also be rolling out in this campaign.

Just go to the campaign page here, http://www.easeus.com/campaign/windows-1...ution.html

Quote:Now as I wanted to upgrade my OS to windows 10, so I did some research in this field. So I found some interesting information and I would like to share with you guys. I was pleased by its performance as the return of the start menu, adaptive and sleeker. It was more like window 7, moreover the feature no more full-screen apps and four-way window snap makes it more interesting. And Cortana was truly helpful because of cross-device functionality. There are few reasons that after going through this you guys will be willing to upgrade to the window 10.

Reasons Upgrade to window 10:

·        Speed
Faster startup. It has a fast-booting operating system if we compared to window 8.1 or 7. Another speed boost mostly aimed at gamers will come from DirectX 12.

·      Startup Menu
As there were loud voices in the tech community for the return of start menu. Finally, it was replaced by the start screen in windows 8.

·      Cortana
It is always good to talk with the technology. If you have used Siri or her friend Google, then you must know that how much fun it is to talk about the technology.

·      A better browser
Microsoft edge is a better and improved browser then available in previous OS. That means improved compatibility and speed, and add a few helpful new capabilities like webpage markup and reading mode.

·      Security
This feature is inherited from the windows 8.1 i.e. Security boot feature. And they have made it even more secure. Three new security feature for Windows 10 are Device Guard, Microsoft Passport, and Windows Hello, which you can read about on the Windows for Your Business blog.

·      Snapping
A simple screen will allow the snapping of up to four apps

·      Universal Apps
So if you are a user of window 7 then you have not accessed to this feature. Universal Windows feature opens up apps from the Window store in the format of the desktop program.

Problems Window 10 would lead:

·        Less free storage
Windows 10 is a worthy upgrade but it requires a lot of space on your machine. So after doing some research I found one thing that after installing window 10 the previous version of OS is still lingering in the background taking up space more than required. Your older version of windows doesn’t disappear into the air. This is going by the name of ‘windows.old’. 

·        Privacy
As I am not a fan of sharing my things or data with others.  After doing some digging I found some data sharing defaults in windows 10. So I recommend all users to review this problem. Use the start menu and search for setting app and click privacy in it. When you have opened this you will see in the left-hand pane, you will see many areas in which your machine is sharing data. Kindly spend time on this so that you may know in which things/data you are comfortable sharing with others.

·        No downgrade
Another problem I faced is no downgrade is available in this OS one month later after the upgrade.

·        Data loss
This is the biggest problem you will face in windows 10. If you have important files music/videos stored somewhere in drive C data would be lost. Other data would also be lost from your PC but mainly from C drive.

·        No system restore
Initially, the system restore option is not available by default. You could turn this option on but this is a long procedure and it is a time taking one.

·        Cannot play a DVD
It does not come with an app to play DVD on. So to play movies you have to use VLC or other players.

·        Compatibility
Some software and hardware are not compatible with windows 10.

Hidden features of windows 10:

·        Print to PDF
If you are stuck with old technique of printing PDF files. You have to use always the third party to print this kind of format. Yes there is good news now there is a feature available now in windows 10 you can print a document as PDF

·        Schedule Window update
You can schedule the restarts to installs updates. And this is one of the best features available as it is very convenient to manage your schedule.

·        Xbox streaming
You can use window 10 to stream Xbox one games locally on your PC.

·        Storage sense
It tells you how much space is occupied by different contents and the interesting part is that it provides solution

·        Adjustable startup menu
User can drag around the margins according to their liking and easiness

·        Record games and app videos

In the window 10, you can also record your games and videos using a feature Game DVR function.

I wanted to discuss some other problems with you. It is highly recommended that before upgrading your window you leave enough space for windows 10. Or backup your images or important documents. Because if the upgrade fails you can suffer a data loss problem. If you are in this phase that you have lost some important data than still don’t you worry there free data recovery software available, EaseUS data recovery wizard free, that can restore your data up to 2 GB.
Thanks MIKE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portable Software For Windows tarekma7 1 17,838 04-10-2020 , 09:26 PM
Last Post: Igoreha
  How to Download Windows 10 April 2018 Update from Windows Update Right Now tarekma7 0 2,455 05-02-2018 , 12:15 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Alternative to Super Converter on Windows (Windows 10/8.1/8 incluuded) Angelaxie 0 2,074 06-08-2017 , 10:11 AM
Last Post: Angelaxie
  Connected VPNs Speed related query Mohammad 0 2,053 04-11-2016 , 09:42 AM
Last Post: Mohammad
  Known Bugs in Windows 10 Redstone Build 14279 - Kaspersky Software Not Working tarekma7 1 2,955 03-04-2016 , 10:37 PM
Last Post: clyde