Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
What are the benefits of cloud-based antivirus?
What are the benefits of cloud-based antivirus?  Real-Time Protection:
Cloud-based antivirus solutions provide near real-time threat detection. They leverage a larger threat database without storing it locally on your hard drive.
As threats emerge, the cloud infrastructure updates definitions automatically, ensuring you’re protected against the latest malware without manual intervention.    Automatic Updates:
Cloud antiviruses update automatically, eliminating the risk of forgetting to update your engine. Outdated software can leave you vulnerable to new threats.
With cloud-based solutions, you’re always protected with the latest definitions.     
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.):
Role in Security:
Avast leverages A.I. algorithms to enhance threat detection and prevention.
A.I. can analyze vast amounts of data, identify patterns, and predict potential threats.
Behavioral Analysis:
A.I. monitors user behavior and system activities to detect anomalies.
It can identify suspicious actions, such as unauthorized access or unusual file modifications.
Machine Learning:
Avast uses machine learning models to improve its antivirus and anti-malware capabilities.
These models learn from historical data to recognize new threats.
Real-Time Protection:
A.I. enables real-time scanning of files, URLs, and network traffic.
It helps prevent zero-day attacks and rapidly responds to emerging threats.
Cloud A.I.:
Definition:
Cloud A.I. refers to the use of artificial intelligence algorithms and models hosted in the cloud.
These models process data and make predictions without relying on local computing resources.
Advantages:
Scalability: Cloud A.I. can handle large-scale data processing efficiently.
Accessibility: Users can access A.I. services from anywhere with an internet connection.
Collaboration: Cloud-based models allow collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Avast’s Approach:
Avast’s cloud-based antivirus shifts the workload from individual devices to a central cloud server.
This approach ensures consistent protection across multiple devices and minimizes resource impact on local machines.
In summary, Avast’s integration of A.I. and Cloud A.I. enhances security by providing real-time threat detection, behavioral analysis, and efficient scalability.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  McAfee Total Protection updated with a new, lightweight, cloud-based architecture. mrtrout 0 88 05-01-2024 , 06:55 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Comodo CLOUD-BASED Features & Protection (Free) mrtrout 0 673 05-05-2023 , 11:25 PM
  Comodo Valkyrie is a cloud based verdict system analyzes over 200 million file queri mrtrout 0 655 04-07-2023 , 06:58 PM
  Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.20.458246.782 Released mrtrout 0 1,669 08-14-2018 , 11:07 PM
  Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.19.456424.771 Released mrtrout 0 1,460 08-03-2018 , 07:43 PM