Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
How you guys secure your software keys?
Wink 
Hi guys I wanna how you guys secure your software license keys? 
(03-27-2016 , 08:28 AM)amir786_z Wrote: Hi guys I wanna how you guys secure your software license keys? 
 I am using the secure notes of lastpass/stickypassword, maybe you should try that one if you are using a password manager. Smile
Usually I save my personal software licenses with my email. Try my best to keep my email safe enough.
I don`t trust any software that connects to internet to secure my keys. So, in my opinion, there are 2 ways of doing this:

First, don`t use any software for that;
Second, use a software for that but block it in firewall to access the internet under any circumstance. The updates should be installed upon the existing software. I prefer the software that encrypts everything with high security encrypted key.

I`m a bit paranoid as I think (and that`s a certitude) that a lot of info is sent to the internet without our consent. I have some favourites doing this (most AV + lots of other devs) but I won`t name them here.

Big Grin
I don't have anywhere special where they are saved. Some are kept in my email folder but many were lost when my tipradar e-mail account password was changed to prevent me from retrieving my mail.
(03-27-2016 , 12:19 PM)Mike Wrote: I don't have anywhere special where they are saved. Some are kept in my email folder but many were lost when my tipradar e-mail account password was changed to prevent me from retrieving my mail.

So sad you lost them. :(
Big Grin 
Some of my keys are in my Stickypassword secure notes. Some are in separate folder in my email. Some are on the forums inboxes  Tongue

Was thinking to put them all in notepad in the USB.