Uninstalr - A free uninstall tool from the jv16PowerTools team
Uninstalr - The Best Uninstaller for Windows

https://uninstalr.com/

Version 1.0 was released on July 27, 2023
First public version release

Download Portable https://uninstalr.com/Uninstalr_Portable.exe
Download Installer https://uninstalr.com/Uninstalr_Setup.exe

[Image: uninstalr-main.png]

Uninstalr is an easy to use and very accurate software uninstaller for Windows. It can uninstall multiple apps at the same time.

Key Features
  • Batch uninstall many apps at the same time.
  • Supports unattended uninstallation of apps.
  • Supports monitoring of new software installations.
  • Also detects portable apps and previously uninstalled software leftovers.
  • Shows all the data added to your system by installed software on a file by file basis.
  • Shows all the data it will remove before starting the uninstallation.
  • Filter and search the list of installed software.
  • According to our benchmark, Uninstalr is the most accurate software uninstaller by leaving the least amount of leftovers when uninstalling apps.
  • Supports detection and uninstallation of Microsoft Store, Steam, Big Fish Game System, Chocolatey, NuGet and Ninite installed software.
  • Supports Windows Dark Mode.
  • Supports Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7.
  • Comes with these translations builtin: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
  • Has a single executable file portable version and a normal setup version.
  • Uninstalr is freeware, lightweight and easy to use. No bells and whistles, no nonsense.
Sounds like a pretty good installer. Might have to give it a try.
The program looks interesting and the official website shows benchmark rest results and comparison with other famous apps

I have some questions 

1. Did anyone try it? Please reply with your experience 

2. Does it cause any problems or corruption of system files?

3. Is there built-in backup manager?
the website link is flagged as malware in Bitdefender. It was registered 3 months ago so isn't that new either. May be a false positive. But still.
(07-27-2023 , 10:17 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: The program looks interesting and the official website shows benchmark rest results and comparison with other famous apps

I have some questions 

1. Did anyone try it? Please reply with your experience 

2. Does it cause any problems or corruption of system files?

3. Is there built-in backup manager?

A first analysis...
- does not retain the chosen language after closing
- distrust for the "leftovers" of found software. In my case, only 50% was real. The other 50% contained a mixture of obsolete data or not and data related to other softwares!
- no possibility to exclude certain elements found before uninstallation
I haven't had to test an installation or uninstallation for the moment and I therefore have no opinion or comparison (with tenors such as Total Uninstall or Revo) to give.
The website works fine with Eset.
(07-28-2023 , 07:23 AM)Henry Wrote: the website link is flagged as malware in Bitdefender. It was registered 3 months ago so isn't that new either. May be a false positive. But still.

This is an unfortunate false positive. Before releasing anything, I always show the files to antivirus products and also submit the files to VirusTotal, and they naturally all come back clean. But then things like this sometimes still happen, I don't really know why. But, the antivirus companies are usually rather quick to fix this issue.

The domain was registered 3 months ago, but it was empty until yesterday, when I did the release.
(07-28-2023 , 08:52 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: A first analysis...
- does not retain the chosen language after closing

That's interesting! Can you tell me did you click the Save Settings button after changing the language from Settings? If you didn't, what you see is a preview, not the saved settings. If you did save, did you use the Portable or the Setup version? The reason why I ask is because the logic works a bit different way in these two modes.

(07-28-2023 , 08:52 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: - distrust for the "leftovers" of found software. In my case, only 50% was real. The other 50% contained a mixture of obsolete data or not and data related to other softwares!

There is plenty of room for improvement in the leftover detection, I agree! The version 1.0 is more of a MVP, a lot more improvement will be made in the near future.

(07-28-2023 , 08:52 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: - no possibility to exclude certain elements found before uninstallation

You can actually exclude and include anything you want. Just choose what you want to uninstall, then it will show the app's data, and you can edit that list freely. If you want to exclude any element, just remove it from the list and it won't be deleted.

Thank you for the feedback!
@ jv16
"- does not retain the chosen language after closing"
I'm under Win 11 x64 and i tried with the two versions. And yes i click on the save button.
About the Leftovers...
[Image: m6akcu0.png]
I looked at the places indicated by the program and most of the data are not on the PC or in the registry.
I don't know how i can edit de datas... There are three buttons : "Open folder", "Save to File", "Start Uninstallation" and Close of course. I tried to delete one element and nothing happens.
Thanks to you for the follow up!
(07-28-2023 , 07:22 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: @ jv16
"- does not retain the chosen language after closing"
I'm under Win 11 x64 and i tried with the two versions. And yes i click on the save button.

Sounds like a bug! I shall see on Monday morning how I can fix it.

(07-28-2023 , 07:22 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: About the Leftovers...
[Image: m6akcu0.png]
I looked at the places indicated by the program and most of the data are not on the PC or in the registry.

Do you mean that for example, for "IOBit Uninstaller", Uninstalr is showing a path such as "C:\program files\IOBit Uninstaller\" but that path doesn't actually exists in your system?

This is by design, because sometimes some apps when they are being uninstalled, actually create more data to your system. Yes, I know, the mind just boggles why would they do that. That's why the listing also includes sometimes such paths that do not actually exist right now, but they are also marked for deletion in case you decide to uninstall that app. I think it's more clear this way, to declare to the user that these paths will be removed if they proceed with the uninstallation.

(07-28-2023 , 07:22 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: I don't know how i can edit de datas... There are three buttons : "Open folder", "Save to File", "Start Uninstallation" and Close of course. I tried to delete one element and nothing happens.
Thanks to you for the follow up!

You can simply edit the large listing area that lists all the paths. The editing is enabled on the list before you are about to uninstall the app.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free tool to manage your schedule tarekma7 0 9,608 05-29-2020 , 05:45 PM
Last Post: tarekma7