Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Gas Prices Hit New All-Time US Record at $4.11 per Gallon — THANK YOU JOE BIDEN!
I don't have enough time for all of the reasons. Here are a few-
On increasing domestic production...
"There are 9,000 unused, approved drilling permits. So I would suggest you ask the oil companies why they're not using those if there's a desire to drill more." Jen Psaki said.
On the pipeline...
Once the pipeline opens it would require only 35 full-time permanent jobs to run it, and 15 full-time temporary jobs, according to the state department report. TransCanada, the company seeking to build the pipeline, does not dispute those numbers. I might add that the refined gasoline from Keystone would be shipped to other countries.
Other reasons...
-Oil monopolies taking advantage of Putin's actions and fear by increasing the cost of barrels. They are showing record profits, but not investing in smart growth.
-Pandemic production slumped due to demand and can't be started up quickly enough.
-As unemployment hits record lows and 7M jobs have been added in a year, demand increases and supply has not kept up.
-Only 3% of our oil imports are from Russia. Where Biden could do better is work with Venezuela & Iran.
Mike, I drive a hybrid. It's not killing me but when I see the number of families and children fleeing and dying in the Ukraine, I'll drive less & pay more for awhile.
F*** Putin and anyone supporting him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gas Prices Hit New All-Time US Record at $4.11 per Gallon — THANK YOU JOE BIDEN! - by FJL - 03-08-2022 , 11:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People are fed up with Loblaw stores' rising prices. mrtrout 0 777 04-07-2024 , 12:33 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  What’s going on with sky-high food prices? The Fifth Estate mrtrout 0 645 03-03-2024 , 09:24 PM
  Before-and-After Photos Show Skyrocketing Food Prices at Costco mrtrout 0 1,129 10-07-2023 , 04:00 AM
  Canada's food fight to stabilize grocery prices mrtrout 0 728 09-20-2023 , 07:31 AM
  German carmakers enjoy record prices for luxury models as production falls mrtrout 0 493 12-26-2021 , 04:01 AM