Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser
(01-25-2016 , 07:33 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 07:27 PM)Bjourne Wrote: Lifetime license for 2 years....seems shorthanded if you were a longtime user of Outpost Firewall Pro. I for one am a longtime user of it and came to rely on it. I like it better than KIS firewall but then again it's just me  ;)

I heard the exchanged licenses must be activated before Jan 31st 2016. So you can't shelf it longer.

I also maintained a license of that firewall that is excellent. Dr. web`s firewall is awesome, the same is Defense Wall personal firewall. Unfortunately, Spyshelter firewall gave me BSOD because of their driver in earlier versions (afwcore.sys).

There are only 3 firewalls (Outpost / OA Premium / Comodo HIPS) that I used that can block a trigger-mechanism as I call it (program-triggering another program to launch --almost often the default web browsers). Has DefenseWall gone x64 now? I wasn't able to try it out then because it wasn't x64 ready. With EIS that same trigger-mechanism can't be prevented as the browser is whitelisted by default. In order to block that default browser launch you have to set a different browser as default and set that as "block". I tried to use NVT_Smart Object Blocker with EIS sometime ago and it complemented EIS. Default browser launch was also blocked. But NVT_Smart Object Blocker is still in beta and is currently in a slow roll.

With Outpost Firewall Pro you can just set it as block in the AntiLeak portion of th advanced setting. Easy!

Among the firewalls I liked are the defunct Online Armor Premium, Privatefirewall, Comodo and now soon to be defunct Outpost Firewall Pro(until Dec 2017). Might try out Dr.Web soon Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser - by Bjourne - 01-25-2016 , 07:47 PM