Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser
(01-25-2016 , 07:47 PM)Bjourne Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 07:33 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 07:27 PM)Bjourne Wrote: Lifetime license for 2 years....seems shorthanded if you were a longtime user of Outpost Firewall Pro. I for one am a longtime user of it and came to rely on it. I like it better than KIS firewall but then again it's just me  ;)

I heard the exchanged licenses must be activated before Jan 31st 2016. So you can't shelf it longer.

I also maintained a license of that firewall that is excellent. Dr. web`s firewall is awesome, the same is Defense Wall personal firewall. Unfortunately, Spyshelter firewall gave me BSOD because of their driver in earlier versions (afwcore.sys).

There are only 3 firewalls (Outpost / OA Premium / Comodo HIPS) that I used that can block a trigger-mechanism as I call it (program-triggering another program to launch --almost often the default web browsers). Has DefenseWall gone x64 now? I wasn't able to try it out then because it wasn't x64 ready. With EIS that same trigger-mechanism can't be prevented as the browser is whitelisted by default. In order to block that default browser launch you have to set a different browser as default and set that as "block". I tried to use NVT_Smart Object Blocker with EIS sometime ago and it complemented EIS. Default browser launch was also blocked. But NVT_Smart Object Blocker is still in beta and is currently in a slow roll.

With Outpost Firewall Pro you can just set it as block in the AntiLeak portion of th advanced setting. Easy!

Among the firewalls I liked are the defunct Online Armor Premium, Privatefirewall, Comodo and now soon to be defunct Outpost Firewall Pro(until Dec 2017). Might try out Dr.Web soon Smile

It`s very good Dr. web, better than Kaspersky, as for firewall at least. Defense wall is only for x32 (86) systems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser - by dinosaur07 - 01-25-2016 , 07:49 PM