Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
System Restore Point Creator 3.6.Build 1 + Portable
October 14, 2016 -- Version 5.1 Build 1
This version includes a number of fixes and improvements to the program.

* Fixed many of the message box title strings to not use the main window title's as the basis for the title of the message box, it's now using a hard-coded string.
* Corrected the spelling of the word "weird" in many parts of the program, I had it spelled as "wierd" which is wrong.
* Changed much of the code used to get the active power plan's GUID from the system.
* Removed the part of the code that changes the setting for the active power plan when the system is on battery power.
* Added formatting of large numbers to the Application Event Log.
* Added new SRSetRestorePointW() as a fall-back API to the program as a backup to the WMI method of creating restore points.
* Added new code to hopefully handle errors from the system restore APIs better than in the past.
* Added some minor code optimizations that have to do with empty String checks.
* Added better error messages for when a WebException occurs. Thanks goes out to "Shannon" for bringing this to my attention.
* Fixed first line of About message box, it should not be getting the name of the program from the main window's title bar.
* Fixed Balloon Tip title bar to not be based upon the main window's title bar.
* Removed some unnecessary error messages when my server doesn't respond properly.
* Increased the amount of time the program waits on an HTTP timeout from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Moved much of the error handling for HTTP requests to a central error handler on the main window.
* Includes some additional fixes for the Create Restore Point at User Logon task.

There were a few changes/commits that didn't make it into this version and have been held back in the "dev" branch of the program from which public betas and release candidate versions are built. I built this general release version from version 5.0 Build 8 Release Candidate 3's code snapshot and cherry picked one additional commit from later in the "dev" branch to build this public release version. Some of the changes I made in later release candidates just weren't ready to be released yet and need more testing to make sure that those changes are stable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: System Restore Point Creator 3.6.Build 1 + Portable - by baziroll - 10-15-2016 , 04:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wise Registry Cleaner 11.1.1 Build 715 & Portable Released mrtrout 0 518 09-01-2023 , 06:21 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Privacy Eraser Free 5.39.0 Build 4541 & Portable Privacy Eraser Free 5.39.0 Build mrtrout 0 401 07-16-2023 , 07:06 PM
  AIMP 5.11 Build 2432 & Portable AIMP 5.11 Build 2432 Released mrtrout 0 306 06-09-2023 , 10:13 PM
  Privacy Eraser Free 5.35.0 Build 4462 & Portable Privacy Eraser Free 5.35.0 Build 4 mrtrout 0 623 03-12-2023 , 06:10 PM
  AIMP 5.03 Build 2394 FREEWARE & Portable AIMP 5.03 Build 2394 FREEWARE mrtrout 0 404 06-30-2022 , 10:09 PM