Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Avira phantom VPN 1 years 24 Hours or Less
(12-18-2017 , 08:22 AM)boulawan Wrote: dziękuję za ten prezent, ale jak umieścić go w moim ojczystym języku (FR) po zainstalowaniu vpn?

As you can see you signed into the site (avira site ) and go to the profile > Edit Profile > Display language
Translate and change Avira Phantom VPN language

And if you look the installation directory you could see de-DE, en-US, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, ru-RU, tr-TR, zh-CN and zh-TW.

1) Close the app

2) Open the file "Avira.WebAppHost.exe.config" with notepad

3) At the bottom of the page you will find :

<applicationSettings>

<Avira.WebAppHost.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="LANG" serializeAs="String">

<value>en-US</value>

4) Replace the value "en-US" using the name of the directory of your own language (i.e. "fr-FR" for French)

5) Save the modified file

:rolleyes:
I read Avira's privacy policy and FAQ and seems to be small log collector... They say they can:
  • Know how much banda you use so they can optimize the service (fair)
  • Diagnostic data like crashes (can be disabled)
  • Distinguish Free or paid user
On the other hand, it's based in Germany, member of the 14 eyes (A aliliance between 14 contries for international surveillance)
https://restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/

Well, if you just want to unblock Netflix in certain countries, go for it. If you want to FAP safely, you should buy Perfect Privacy...
Managed to install on 2 pc 1 hour ago. You'll get "trial service" but with 1 year of use. You need germain ip adress(or VPN), instalation is straight forward by default youll also have enabled anonymus  diagnostic data collecting turned on for debugging and improving Vpn software. you can turn off from settings. At first glance it doesn't show Vpn location lists with servers: enter settings(gear icon) then choose "Virtuellen standort auswahlen"
Atm registration is down so i presume they hit registration limit for this giveaway. Checked with 5 different Vpn software with german ip.
About Avira Vpn service: very fast servers, good selection of them, private(Avira) Dns with Dnssec enabled Dns checking enabled. Bad side: They are german based company with policy of keeping logs for longer period, so i wouldn't use for P2P but for rest is very safe to use especially for banking or online purchasing.
I got Avira acc link with mentioned trial till Dec 13 2018. Do I have to activate it with German ip again?
(12-18-2017 , 01:31 PM)tregs_beales Wrote: I got Avira acc link with mentioned trial till Dec 13 2018. Do I have to activate it with German ip again?

I never did.
Thank you Mike. I also did not use German ip thereafter.

I installed it for testing. First I used the installer that came fom the link in email. As it was in German(installer was named with _de) so everything was in German in the GUI obviously. So I edited profile in Avira online portal & set language in English. Then got the _en installer file. Did uninstall with Revo, cleared registry. Again installed with Eng GUI.

In both cases Avira systray keeps running in tray. I can't normally close it, there is no exit option. The vpn also do not let me select location. Virtual location is set to unknown & can not find the server list. Checked gear icon & there is select virtual location option but with no server list. I can only connect to vpn if I use the AVira systray GUI. There, after clicking connect it connects to Germany server. Worked very well though, very good speed. Almost on par with Nordvpn.

[Image: 9Xzla2H.jpg] [Image: viJFyEW.png] [Image: FYGItt8.png]

Can connect only from here

[Image: BsXFGft.png]
That's great monstertruckpa , thank you.   Thumb
(12-18-2017 , 02:21 PM)tregs_beales Wrote: Thank you Mike. I also did not use German ip thereafter.

I installed it for testing. First I used the installer that came fom the link in email. As it was in German(installer was named with _de) so everything was in German in the GUI obviously. So I edited profile in Avira online portal & set language in English. Then got the _en installer file. Did uninstall with Revo, cleared registry. Again installed with Eng GUI.

In both cases Avira systray keeps running in tray. I can't normally close it, there is no exit option. The vpn also do not let me select location. Virtual location is set to unknown & can not find the server list. Checked gear icon & there is select virtual location option but with no server list. I can only connect to vpn if I use the AVira systray GUI. There, after clicking connect it connects to Germany server. Worked very well though, very good speed. Almost on par with Nordvpn.

[Image: 9Xzla2H.jpg] [Image: viJFyEW.png] [Image: FYGItt8.png]

Can connect only from here

[Image: BsXFGft.png]

Check on avira site your profile , see if you have active trial for 1 year, download german client this time from site and reinstall it.
maneken that's basically inverting the process I just did! Big Grin

I installed the German installer first time, from the link in email. Had the same GUI interface as this but only in German. Not seen server list in either installer. Avira site profile has 1 year, till December 13, 2018.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN> 6 months free Sasha 9 4,391 12-18-2021 , 01:36 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN 6 months free ahmadkhaje 7 3,238 01-14-2020 , 06:12 PM
Last Post: hamilton
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN & System Speedup Pro (3 Months) ahmed 0 1,267 03-31-2019 , 08:42 AM
Last Post: ahmed