Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Avira phantom VPN 1 years 24 Hours or Less
(12-18-2017 , 02:58 PM)tregs_beales Wrote: maneken that's basically inverting the process I just did! Big Grin

I installed the German installer first time, from the link in email. Had the same GUI interface as this but only in German. Not seen server list in either installer. Avira site profile has 1 year, till December 13, 2018.

Too bad to hear that. I had chance to try Phantom Vpn before and had similiar issue as you. Only way to get working back was reinstalling Vpn client. It's not new issue with this vpn.
You can also check if Avira phantom Vpn service is running, if not try to enable it. Second thing which can be problematic is network connection, check if you have new network adapter "Phantom Tap windows v9"
Did you uninstall with revo or something or just through normal uninstall process? I uninstalled with Revo & removed old registry. Phantom vpn service is running but no new network adapter yet
When you go to your profile on Avira, and change settings to English there, it gives an English installer to download. By default, it will be in German, till you change it in your profile, online. ...display language
I did, then it gave me English installer :Smile have successfully installed it on 2 physical machines and 1 virtual..all working
I did have German one installed first, then uninstalled it, with Iobit, before installing English one.

[Image: 9cAhChR.png]
I did the same, downloaded the Eng installer. Only other way to change language is doctoring the settings in notepad & saving, like mentioned before in this thread.

But that server list is yet to come. I will try later what maneken said. I'm facing what Cool mentioned earlier in 2nd page. No server list to choose.
This VPN software is only for 500MB. Steganos Online shield has 2 GB,and it is quasi always a freebie or a giveaway. :(
Work for me.
I use temporary email.

Temp Mail - Disposable Temporary Email
(12-18-2017 , 04:03 PM)brownie Wrote: This VPN software is only for 500MB. Steganos Online shield has 2 GB,and it is quasi always a freebie or a giveaway. :(

No its unlimited. See my image in the previous page.
Maybe their servers are just overloaded? The response bigger than they expected for the giveway?

I checked on my one Windows PC, no servers list now?

But, yes, still indicates unlimited...sort of like a brand new car, with no engine parts in it now..haha
yes tregs is right got my copy last night it says unlimited used over  2GB last night & still says unlimited
(12-18-2017 , 03:11 PM)tregs_beales Wrote: Did you uninstall with revo or something or just through normal uninstall process? I uninstalled with Revo & removed old registry. Phantom vpn service is running but no new network adapter yet
I allways uninstall software with revo uninstaller or with soft organizer. If you dont have new "Ethernet x: Phantom TAP-Windows Adapter v9", thats a core of your trouble. It's posible that Avira couldn't create new Tap windows adapter. Maybe instalation file was damaged, windows didn't gave Administration rights to installer.
Try this: install newer net framework 4, restart pc, disable all protection on pc Antivirus etc. Install Open Vpn software package: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-sourc...loads.html, try with newer version. In instalation you have bunch of features , dont worry, one of them is Windows tap 9 driver. Install it and restart pc. Now again rdisable all protection, download again Avira installer(if isnt possible try with allready downloaded installer).
Check if there is new network connection.
Little sidenote: some internet security softwares can screw up Vpn installations (as example: love Kaspersky but it gaved me sometimes trouble with vpn instalations), try to disable realtime protections and rest of features on Security software and check if there is new network connection on list, same goes for windows defender and etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN> 6 months free Sasha 9 4,391 12-18-2021 , 01:36 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN 6 months free ahmadkhaje 7 3,238 01-14-2020 , 06:12 PM
Last Post: hamilton
  Giveaway Avira Phantom VPN & System Speedup Pro (3 Months) ahmed 0 1,267 03-31-2019 , 08:42 AM
Last Post: ahmed