Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser
I wrote support and they said put the licenses in my Kaspersky account and they can be activated anytime.
(01-25-2016 , 11:44 PM)Mike Wrote: I wrote support and they said put the licenses in my Kaspersky account and they can be activated anytime.

soooo what to do is the question... do you have a copy of the communication from Agnitum that you could share
with members who might have Outpost to exchange please?
Dear forum members.
I saw and read on agnitum webpage that Outpost licenses continue to work after the licenses expire, so we don`t have to worry about it, the updates will stop but the product continues to work making it usable but not updatable after 31.12.2016, but giving the fact they stop developing their products, the updates have no meaning at all!!! So, a 1 year license that expire next year it will be perfect for firewall. Smile  The only advantage in this situation is to have/use only the firewall that doesn`t need updates regurarly and as far as I know their product very well being a user of it, if it`s configured properly no one will have any problem at all.
Cool
I have emailed my good friend at Agnitum for clarification on this Outpost license exchange and KIS licenese activation deadlines
so that any confusion can be dismissed from differing news. I like Mike's reply from support and hopefully I get a similar response..
(01-25-2016 , 11:47 PM)guardian Wrote:
(01-25-2016 , 11:44 PM)Mike Wrote: I wrote support and they said put the licenses in my Kaspersky account and they can be activated anytime.

soooo what to do is the question... do you have a copy of the communication from Agnitum that you could share

Quote:[email=*mike@promo2day.com]*mike@promo2day.com[/email]
*Does the Upgrading from Outpost to Kaspersky Internet Security
2016 license keys have to be used before February 17, 2016 or can I
keep them in my account until needed?

Mike

January 22, 2016  8:29 am
Agnitum Support
To:
mike@promo2day.com

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Please keep it in your Kaspersky account.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir

Agnitum Support
http://www.agnitum.com/
(01-26-2016 , 12:12 AM)Mike Wrote:

Mike

Agnitum Support
To:
mike@promo2day.com

Dear Mike,

--
Best regards,
Vladimir

Agnitum Support

Mike, just a suggestion. I read on wilderssecuity that the licenses are issued by Kaspersky so they established that timeframe. In my opinion, one should ask Kaspersky not outpost as they were negotiating with Kaspersky the extension of the term until 17.02.2016 for the exchange. I saw yesterday in my Kaspersky account that if you put the license there it will activate. They are not very clear on that and I suppose they will activate it whether you use it or not.

Here is the link if I`m allowed to post it:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/o...st-2553748
(01-26-2016 , 12:17 AM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-26-2016 , 12:12 AM)Mike Wrote:

Mike

Agnitum Support
To:
mike@promo2day.com

Dear Mike,

--
Best regards,
Vladimir

Agnitum Support

Mike, just a suggestion. I read on wilderssecuity that the licenses are issued by Kaspersky so they established that timeframe. In my opinion, one should ask Kaspersky not outpost as they were negotiating with Kaspersky the extension of the term until 17.02.2016 for the exchange. I saw yesterday in my Kaspersky account that if you put the license there it will activate. They are not very clear on that and I suppose they will activate it whether you use it or not.

I put them into my account under codes and they never activate. I believe you are putting them directly into the software program under licenses. You need to click on My Kaspersky and open a account as shown below.

[Image: rmN5Uw5l.jpg]

Below is how it shows in my account.

[Image: isYnLD3l.jpg]
Licenses in your account will never be activated automatically
The software itself allows you to use one and put another one for use automatically when the current one expires
This is different from those stored in account

BUT in my opinion: open ticket for support with Kaspersky team asking about the key validity to be sure that it will not expire
(01-26-2016 , 12:45 AM)tarekma7 Wrote: Licenses in your account will never be activated automatically
The software itself allows you to use one and put another one for use automatically when the current one expires
This is different from those stored in account

BUT in my opinion: open ticket for support with Kaspersky team asking about the key validity to be sure that it will not expire

Good suggestion. Thanks tarekma7 and Mike. So, then it doesn`t matter if we activate them or not until 17.02.2016 unless we put them in our Kaspersky account created in my account area on Kaspersky webpage. So then, all clear for me. Thanks, guys you are a real geek.
;)  Long live Kaspersky
Ahm...a question from my side as well

If I exchange my license for KIS, will my Outpost Firewall license be still isable, or it will be deactivated immediately or in near future?  :dodgy: